• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Put your Believer to Work

Loyal
I’m sitting here listening to a preacher preaching about belief and it just entered into my consciousness – unbelief is not the lack of belief, but the antithesis of belief. It’s actually form of belief! When you doubt, you believe – it’s the same act, just a different target. If you don’t believe Jesus can heal you, you actually believe that He cannot. That seems like common sense, but we need to dwell on it a bit. Our believer “organ” is always working and always believing. It never stops. It’s how we target that believing that’s important. Are you going to believe in Life, or death? Health or sickness? Prosperity or poverty? It’s tricky though. People may think they they’re not actively believing in poverty, but if they don’t believe in prosperity, that’s precisely what they’re believing in – poverty! If you don’t believe in something you actually believe in the opposite. It’s like math. (4 – 4) or, four minus four, is actually (4 + -4) or four plus negative four. You’re always adding, but to the negative if you are in “unbelief”. While we live, we always breath, our heart always beats, and we always believe.

Believing is the activator of faith. The lady with the issue of blood heard about Jesus and believed He could heal her. That belief motivated her to act, thereby activating faith. And it was by her faith that anointing flowed into her from Jesus and healed her. Her faith made her well, but it was her believing that targeted her faith. What you believe in is the targeting mechanism by which faith is put to work. Not believing in divine healing means you’re actually believing in sickness. Your faith will act appropriately, following your belief. Jesus couldn’t heal many in Nazareth because few believed that He could. Because of that, their faith was against Him and as such, they didn’t get healed.

Even His own people demonstrate this:

John 6:40-44
40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
41 The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, “I am the bread which came down from heaven.” 42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”

Rather than believing that He was the Messiah, their lack of belief is manifested here by an active believing against His Lordship. “Who was this man, a common son of a working class father who lives down the street? I believe he’s just a normal man.”

Can you imagine that? Not believing in Jesus isn’t the lack of belief – but the active believing AGAINST Jesus. When people casually say, “I don’t believe in Jesus,” they are actually saying that “I believe against Jesus.” That’s emnity. Even if it seems passive, math is math. Believing is extraordinarily powerful. It is by believing that Peter was able to enable his faith to walk on water with Jesus. It’s by believing that you are saved. Our believing capacity is the fulcrum on which our faith swings – and our faith is the conduit by which anointing travels, be it anointing to sickness and death, or the holy anointing of The Christ to life and health.

That is why seemingly nice and kind people can still go to Hell. They can be the nicest, kindest, most charitable people, but if they don’t believe in Jesus, they’re actually believing against Him. That’s why the most dedicated minister you know who doesn’t believe in divine healing suffers sickness with little hope. His request for prayer is empty. It’s not because he doesn’t believe – he is actually believing against healing.

BTW – Does going to the doctor mean you don’t believe in divine healing? Depends on what you’re believing in – the doctor or Jesus. They’re not exclusive, donchaknow. Taking an aspirin doesn’t mean you don’t believe in divine healing. It can, if you trust that the aspirin will heal you. But if you trust that Jesus has healed you, the aspirin is nothing more than a conduit to the healing. Paul instructed Timothy to drink a little watered-down wine for some tummy problems. Paul, who heals people and preaches faith,. But… that’s a topic for another letter – this one is about believing and the definition of “unbelief”. If you believe, all things are possible. If you don’t, you are not not believing, but believing in the impossibility. Plain and simple.

Believing is like a muscle. It must be exercised. It’s attached closely to the flesh tho, so you must dominate your flesh. Our believing apparatus has been tied to our senses – what we see, what we hear, what we smell and taste – for generations, since the loss of glory in the Fall of Adam. What we are doing is believing according to what we see, hear, smell and taste. Our senses are telling us that we are sick. Fever heats us, tummy is rumbly, we’re dizzy and tired, head is pounding and we ache all over. Our believing apparatus has a choice – to follow the natural and attach to what it experiences thru our flesh, or thru an act of will – the control our soul exerts on the body – to follow what is unnatural to it and attach itself to the Word. It’s an aiming mechanism – if it attaches to the flesh, it will enable faith to work towards the flesh – and that’s faith in death, or by another word – that’s Fear. If it is attached by will power to the Spirit and the Word, it will enable faith to work towards the Spirit, and that’s faith in Life and thru anointing that’s access to the faith of Christ.

That is why we are to walk by the Spirit and not by the flesh – because we have forsaken what we see, and walk instead by the Word – by what we do not see, knowing that by doing so, we will see. That walk is an act of dominating your believing apparatus – you could just as easily say that we believe by faith and not by sight as you could say we walk by faith and not by sight. Walk, believe – both acts of will and dominion. It is a very unnatural thing to do, believing in what you do not see – but that’s where the power of the Word manifests, for we’re not just believing in any ol’ invisible thing – something that would be an act of futility, but instead we are believing in the Word and by believing in the Word we are enabling faith to feed on that Word and to open the conduit of anointing by which the Word Blesses us and manifests, giving fruit to believing in the unseen so that the unseen becomes the seen. Just gotta tell your believer that “you’ll see it soon, just believe it now”.