• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Put Faith First

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Staff member
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33

Following Christ means trusting Him to keep this promise. You understand that He will, because of who He is and all He has done for you, but when it comes down to brass tacks--unpaid debt, piles of bills, joblessness, illness--part of you wonders, I know He can, but will He?

Even Abram found this difficult. He had God's promise of blessing--of guidance, presence, descendants, and land--and yet he fled the Pomised Land and lied about his wife out of fear and uncertainty. That led to situations like the Philistine Abimelech chastising him for his dishonesty and lack of integrity. When unbelievers are calling out believers, it's not good.

Small faith fails to put God and His priorities first, but a little faith gets you back on track. How big is God? Let David remind you: "O LORD our Lord, how excellent [is] thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. ...When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?" (Psalm 8:1,3-4). He's the mighty Creator, but He's also your loving Father.

Prayer: Lord, You put humanity at the pinnacle of creation. Help me to embrace the provision You've given me in Christ and trust You for every need.