• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Psalm 23

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Psalm 23

Psa 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

(When we discover in the New Testament that God has already given unto us ALL things that pertain to life, and Godliness... (2 Peter 1:3) we will never want, because we already have it. It is just a matter of making a demand on our provision that God has given unto us through faith!! We can not receive anything that we do NOT know we already have!!This is why when we pray we must believe we already have it, or we will never see the manifestation of it in this physical world!! Faith never believes it is going to get something in the future, faith always believes it already has it!! We can never BELIEVE we already have something unless we know the Word of God which tells us what we already have!!)

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Jesus said......

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that IN ME YOU MAY HAVE PEACE. IN THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Which is better to have, peace on the inside of us, and tribulation on the outside, or to have peace on the outside of us, and tribulation on the inside? This is a no brainer, peace on the inside of us is much better then tribulation!!! Going through trials and tribulations in this world has no effect on what is on the inside of us, which is the peace of God. It is God's peace that we have on the inside not our peace that comes from ourselves !! Jesus said..

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, MY PEACE I GIVE UNTO YOU: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

When the Lord says, “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.” Where exactly is this green pasture, and the still waters he leads us to? Are they on this earth?

When the Lord says, “Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:.....” Does this means when I am in the presence of my enemies all of a sudden there is going to be a table set up before me on this earth with my enemies there? I don't think so. When the Lord “leads” us, it is to his Kingdom where these things are. His Kingdom is NOT of this world, yet we have been translated there by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ!! (Col 1:12-13)

Jesus said, “John 10:9 I am the door: BY ME if any man enter in, HE SHALL BE SAVED, AND SHALL GO IN AND OUT, AND FIND PASTURE.

Coming before the Lord our God is only done as Jesus said, “BY ME”, also known as coming boldly to the throne room of Grace. It is a two way street. We can go “IN”, and we can go “OUT” of this door. Going “IN” we will find pasture where there is a river of life!!! The good shepherd leads his sheep there, even in times of tribulations on the outside.

The question should be, are we paying attention to his leading us to this place, or are we just looking at the things seen in this world? The Bible tells us not to look at the things seen, but at the things not seen. The things not seen with our physical eyes, are clearly seen by faith are eternal!!

Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

The Lord's leading will cause his goodness, and mercy to follow us all the days of our life, and as a result, we will dwell in his house forever!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Bible Discussions 3
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0