• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Victory Through Jesus

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:55-58)

Death defeated! The Law stripped of power! No longer crushed beneath the fell weight of the curse! Praise the Lord that the resurrection of Christ has secured your own resurrection, O people of the Almighty! Hell can hold no victory over you, O believer, for you are a child of the Most High, made into a new creation. Perfect! Righteous! Clothed exquisitely and adorned in beauty befitting the bride of Christ Himself! Christ has cleansed you unto righteousness, so go forth in that righteousness, steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in the good work that all God's children desire!

BLB

Active
O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law. But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 15:55-58)

Death defeated! The Law stripped of power! No longer crushed beneath the fell weight of the curse! Praise the Lord that the resurrection of Christ has secured your own resurrection, O people of the Almighty! Hell can hold no victory over you, O believer, for you are a child of the Most High, made into a new creation. Perfect! Righteous! Clothed exquisitely and adorned in beauty befitting the bride of Christ Himself! Christ has cleansed you unto righteousness, so go forth in that righteousness, steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in the good work that all God's children desire!

BLB
1 Corinthians 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Staff Member
1 Corinthians 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
Powerful verse brother! Knowing you did not mean it as this, but the unbeliever would hang their hat on that verse to pity us or more likely to ridicule!!! Instead, I would tell them to rejoice with us and come to the Jesus!!!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Thank-you brother! You have me rejoicing in my seat as I type this! :smile: Alleluia!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
Powerful verse brother! Knowing you did not mean it as this, but the unbeliever would hang their hat on that verse to pity us or more likely to ridicule!!! Instead, I would tell them to rejoice with us and come to the Jesus!!!
They don't understand belief, much less Resurrection and much to their demise, if they do not change their conscience toward God before they die their physical death!

Staff Member
So, it is in our Hope that one day they may share in Him.
Even as we at one time did not.
We pray that one day they may!
To the Glory of God!

Active
So, it is in our Hope that one day they may share in Him.
Even as we at one time did not.
We pray that one day they may!
To the Glory of God!
Why, of course! We identify by scripture that though we may have our troubles, he has overcome the world, also, being Born Again, we have the luxury of knowing that he is inside us; we have no need of assurance. But others do, from clarification of what they already have to starting completely from scratch........hate the sin but love the sinner!

Staff Member
And there in is our witness!
[We are] hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; [we are] perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed-- always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1