• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - To Lead

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. (Psalm 139:10)

Never are God's children so far removed upon the earth that they might fall outside the protective grasp of their Lord. He is to everlasting, filling all the heavens with His majesty! Fear no bitter darkness nor lasting night for ever shall the Lord of heaven redeem you who believe unto the everlasting morning and bathe you in light imperishable!

BLB

Active
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. (Psalm 139:10)

Never are God's children so far removed upon the earth that they might fall outside the protective grasp of their Lord. He is to everlasting, filling all the heavens with His majesty! Fear no bitter darkness nor lasting night for ever shall the Lord of heaven redeem you who believe unto the everlasting morning and bathe you in light imperishable!

BLB
There are people who believe, once saved, you can still fall away, I guess to the point of being un-saved. There is a person that has been on TJ's for a long time who feels this way....it appears that they believes in some form of works to remain saved. When our God says he will never leave or forsake us ( he is talking to Born Again Christians) ...once in you, I don't see how you "fall away" from that! It is not a matter of believing that you have, as a Christian, a free ticket to sin....it is a matter , as a true Christian, that you hate sin and strive to stay clear of it, but when we do there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ!

Loyal
There are people who believe, once saved, you can still fall away, I guess to the point of being un-saved. There is a person that has been on TJ's for a long time who feels this way....it appears that they believes in some form of works to remain saved. When our God says he will never leave or forsake us ( he is talking to Born Again Christians) ...once in you, I don't see how you "fall away" from that! It is not a matter of believing that you have, as a Christian, a free ticket to sin....it is a matter , as a true Christian, that you hate sin and strive to stay clear of it, but when we do there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ!
You are not talking about me are you, good friend? LOL

I do fit your description since I have been a member since 2008, but I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976.
I won't post the scriptures for my view on this OSAS issue as I have done before on this forum. Actually I do not insist that a person believe like I do on this point or on many others. What I do insist is that a person keep his heart right toward God.

Many years ago on another forum before I had ever seen or heard of this one, I met a man who believed in the OSAS point of view. He was foul mouthed toward anyone who believed different than he did. He called them names and when confronted with his abrasiveness he would then proceed to tell lies about them on other unrelated threads. Yet for all that he insisted that he was already saved and no matter what he did that since Jesus had paid the price and the man had already acknowledged it and repented that one time, he had a free pass in this carnal lifetime to do as he pleased.

At the time I already believed on this subject the way I do now, but to this day in spite of having met many others of your persuasion who NOT put forward such a very negative example. You are from what I have one of the those better examples. But, still, I say have a care...

Active
You are not talking about me are you, good friend? LOL
No brother!
Actually I do not insist that a person believe like I do on this point
Nor do I.
What I do insist is that a person keep his heart right toward God.
It determines what you have to do to keep your heart right with him, otherwise him being in you, I see no other course.
I met a man who believed in the OSAS point of view. He was foul mouthed toward anyone who believed different than he did. He called them names and when confronted with his abrasiveness he would then proceed to tell lies about them on other unrelated threads. Yet for all that he insisted that he was already saved and no matter what he did that since Jesus had paid the price and the man had already acknowledged it and repented that one time, he had a free pass in this carnal lifetime to do as he pleased.
He might have believed in OSAS but being " OS" himself, I kind doubt it!
At the time I already believed on this subject the way I do now, but to this day in spite of having met many others of your persuasion who NOT put forward such a very negative example. You are from what I have one of the those better examples. But, still, I say have a care...
Not sure what you are referring to here, especially the "your persuasion"part....what is my persuasion?

Loyal
Not sure what you are referring to here, especially the "your persuasion"part....what is my persuasion?
Very simply what you believe doctrinely. How close or far it from mine on various points I could not begin to say, but your Spirit speaks very favorably in your behalf. That is a more important thing as I see and I believe as God sees it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0