• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Spirit - Intercession

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26)

The gift of God's Spirit is truly miraculous and sure sign of His evident mercy. Though uncomprehending His work or power, ever will He aid us in our multiplied weakness. He is working in us daily causing us to be conformed to the image of Christ Himself. Praise the Lord for this Helper all you people of God!

BLB

Active
The gift of God's Spirit is truly miraculous and sure sign of His evident mercy. Though uncomprehending His work or power, ever will He aid us in our multiplied weakness. He is working in us daily causing us to be conformed to the image of Christ Himself. Praise the Lord for this Helper all you people of God!
Agreed! Personally, once there, I just don't see how a Born Again Christian can "fall away" from this type of love.

Staff Member
Agreed! Personally, once there, I just don't see how a Born Again Christian can "fall away" from this type of love.
I understand. Still, to attempt to see it through another's eyes is impossible. Can we truly understand why Judas did what he did? Do we believe he was loved any less?

So, we look at the lives of others and desire/attempt to communicate God's great love. It is still, with the little clarity we do have that by the Grace of God that we can see in truth how much God truly loves us, and though pulled here and there at times. Desire and want nothing else.

To a hurting soul brother, doubt and forgetfulness can be poison. With the only cure being Jesus and keeping our eyes on Him.

Least we forget.

"Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons. Deuteronomy 4:9

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
I understand. Still, to attempt to see it through another's eyes is impossible. Can we truly understand why Judas did what he did? Do we believe he was loved any less?

So, we look at the lives of others and desire/attempt to communicate God's great love. It is still, with the little clarity we do have that by the Grace of God that we can see in truth how much God truly loves us, and though pulled here and there at times. Desire and want nothing else.

To a hurting soul brother, doubt and forgetfulness can be poison. With the only cure being Jesus and keeping our eyes on Him.

Least we forget.

"Only give heed to yourself and keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons. Deuteronomy 4:9

YBIC
Nick
<><
With regards to Judas, though everything knits closely to God's purpose, I see no sign that Judas was a true believer with faith.

Staff Member
With regards to Judas, though everything knits closely to God's purpose, I see no sign that Judas was a true believer with faith.
That is true, but the questions still remain.
Why would anyone turn away and are they loved any less?

The prodigal son is the second time I've used this today, but I believe it holds truth to this as well. We'd truly have to know the person themselves, being able to see into their heart. So, while the person has breath there is hope of a reconciliation. To believe otherwise is conjecture on our parts and to believe that God's Grace is sufficient for Salvation but insufficient to maintain it, thereby making Salvation either yet to be attained or a state that fluctuates at any given time truly fearsome to contemplate.
While the second part, "are they loved any less?" I must say no.

Much food for thought brother!

YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
That is true, but the questions still remain.
Why would anyone turn away and are they loved any less?
I am in agreement here and understand what you are saying but, again, here is my belief on the subject:
  • God tells the believer that when saved , he spiritually enters you. He also says he will never leave or forsake you. My point would be, how does one like this "fall away"? If he is in you as promised....where are you going to fall to? I say it is impossible for me to all away....could you? I don't see why any "Born Again" person would fall away!
  • God loves all Sinners, but He set the conditions for salvation and redemption!
The prodigal son
I believe the "Prodigal Son" is an example of God's Kingdom where you have until your dying breathe to receive Jesus Christ! The "Prodigal Son" tried it his way and failed and, he finally came to he Father and was welcomed as nothing ever happened, Justified has if he had never sinned.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0