• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Promises - Set Apart

Staff Member
O ye sons of men, how long [will ye turn] my glory into shame? [how long] will ye love vanity, [and] seek after leasing? Selah. But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. (Psalm 4:2-3)

Rejoice you poor in spirit! The Lord is ever your protector! The High King of Heaven cares for His people! Trust in His longing to do good for His children! He is faithful. He is good. He is loving. And in the end, even His children who suffer earthly poverty shall be blessed with all the riches the heavenly throne affords!

BLB

Loyal
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Revelation 18:4-5

Just as the nation of Israel was to be separate and distinct from all the pagan tribes/nations around her - through the Law, the Temple and the Levitical priesthood;
God's chosen people. Not to inter-marry and not to adopt the worshipping of pagan gods and idolatry, but to remain a holy nation, pure and distinct from
all others.

This same principle is still applicable today for those who embrace the original Apostolic Pentecost gospel.
We are to separate ourselves from Religion and its worldliness... yeast or leaven is a contamination that spoils the purity of the flour or bread.
Beware the leaven of the Pharisees, or of Rome and her Papal traditions.

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you
out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
1Peter 2:9-11

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:13-14

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Ephesians 5:25-27