• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Power

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)

The compelling blood of Christ offers great power to Christians as they fight this spiritual battle against evil. By the magnificent name of Jesus Christ, we can conquer all things and nothing shall destroy us! We are victorious because Christ is with us; therefore, no one could possibly be against us (Romans 8:31).

BLB

Loyal
God is for His people even when they are not for Him and they choose rather to walk in their own ways. When they do this and go in their own way do they not receive curses instead of blessings?

Staff Member
Dear Brother @amadeus2
If we were to expand upon this verse, and were to consider the unfaithful yes, but for the faithful no.

Sadly, too often we seek/contemplate the opposite of what is, instead of just rejoicing for what is, and being amazed at what is promised for those who Love the Lord!

Love you dearly brother.
Blessings & Love in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
Greetings

God is for His people even when they are not for Him and they choose rather to walk in their own ways. When they do this and go in their own way do they not receive curses instead of blessings?
certainly before the time appointed as spoken of by the Prophets we know that there were either blessing or curse as the LORD is not lukewarm, His judgement is sure.
Is this the same now since Christ Jesus became a curse for us?

I value your insight and would like to know more, if that is OK to ask?

Sadly we see little of the power in this day but at the same time there is a lot we don't see perhaps because our vision is blurred or at least maybe as the Scripture states, we now see as through a glass darkly and we can all too often be so busy trying to see great things that we overlook the small things.

A powerful vehicle is not powerful without little hoses or wires of even a key.

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Greetings

certainly before the time appointed as spoken of by the Prophets we know that there were either blessing or curse as the LORD is not lukewarm, His judgement is sure.
Is this the same now since Christ Jesus became a curse for us?

I value your insight and would like to know more, if that is OK to ask?

Sadly we see little of the power in this day but at the same time there is a lot we don't see perhaps because our vision is blurred or at least maybe as the Scripture states, we now see as through a glass darkly and we can all too often be so busy trying to see great things that we overlook the small things.

A powerful vehicle is not powerful without little hoses or wires of even a key.

Bless you ....><>
What Jesus did is open the Door by in fact becoming the Door. Jesus is also the Tree of Life. We must go through Him to partake of Him. He was the "flaming sword" placed at the gate of the Garden of Eden. The sword is the Word of God, which is Jesus.

Jesus paid the price that no one else could pay to make a Way into the Garden and to the Tree of Life that had been closed. Each of must walk through that Door [Gate], but the Sword will still prevent anyone who attempts to enter unprepared:

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

What do we suppose would be the "wedding garment"? Perhaps the Apostle Paul answers that question here:

Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

All of us without Christ are already cursed and dead. When we met the Master we really began to see the Light; we began to see through a "glass darkly"... Before that we were completely blind.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

So we, when we met the Master, received vision, but it was still a blurred or dim or dark vision. We must be heading toward the "face to face". This requires another touch from the Master:

Mar 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
Mar 8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mar 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

With that man it required a second touch to clarify his vision. Perhaps for some us it will require more than that?

Jesus had to grow [Luke 2:52] and we do as well or at least the "new" or "inner man" of us does:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Perhaps the power is not seen because our vision is still so poor or we are even still blind. What is it that too many believers even are looking at or looking for? Remember David's words written about 3,000 years ago:

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." Psalm 27:8

And then consider the writer's words about Abraham:

"For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Heb 11:10

And then consider the words of Jesus:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

The right question may not be, 'What are we not seeing?', but 'What are we looking for?'

Can someone who has met the Master be cursed? This question goes to that question argued strongly on another thread and other threads with regard to OSAS. I won't go into it here as I have already stated my position on that elsewhere.