Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

1. Prayer Requests

Facing Our Loneliness

Everyone has lonely moments in life, but when loneliness begins to define our lives, it causes serious problems. We compromise our principles to try to fill the emotional emptiness. We choose behavior that harms our health, relationships, and finances. The consequences can be devastating. Learn how God desires to fulfill every longing you have for meaningful connection.

View This Discussion

Dismiss Notice
  2. Featured Thread

There is a lot of noise, lots of "religions" and beliefs out there to confuse anyone. But, Jesus is real. He loves you, He's ready to forgive you for all your sins and make your heart His dwelling place. Read about God's characteristics and attributes and get to know the real Jesus today.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?
    How To Be Friends With God
    Why believe in Christianity?
    The Attributes of God

View the Seeking Jesus forum

Dismiss Notice

Promises - Persecution

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Christ4Ever, Jul 15, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. (John 15:18-20)

The believer in Christ should not shrink from suffering or persecution, but should take heart in the fact that his suffering is counted as due to Christ. For of course, the redeemed children will be the object of scorn and derision! The world despised and hated the most loving, caring, hospitable, and merciful man to ever walk the earth; if they should hate Him so, how can we not expect them to hate those who follow that man—Christ Jesus!

BLB

amadeus2 likes this.
  2. But, as we know too many people will do almost anything to avoid being persecuted. Jesus did not want to be persecuted either, but He was unwilling to compromise in order to avoid it... even it meant every single one of His followers:

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
    Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?" John 6:66-67

Christ4Ever likes this.
  3. I particular love the reply from Peter to our Lord "Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life." John 6:68

For truly, if life is what one seeks. Where else could one go and find it? Nowhere else but to Him who is our Creator, and Savior.

Always a joy my brother!
    With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

4. Yes, Peter had the correct answer. He did not know all of the answers, but he knew the important one.

5. Yes in deed he did my brother. We know where our enlightenment comes from too! :)

Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:16-17

6. I did not realize how bad it is around the world, we live in a buble here in America sort of speak. Jesus told us this would happen and it is, a lot of Americans have not idea because in general we do not face it, but its going on just as Jesus said it would

7. Thank-you Brother for sharing. Prayed and will continue to pray for our brothers & sisters in Christ Jesus that they can be given strength to Stand!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><