• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Peace

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

Ours is a life of struggles, of hardship. Daily we feel the earthly futility of that curse brought low upon us by that first sinful act of Adam. Sorrow is the constant companion of all who dwell in the earth. The world is at odds with us and will ever seek to trample us under foot. If the world is against us, then who can possible be for us? Take heart, O believer, for the Lord is with you-and if the Lord is for you, how can anyone possibly stand against you? Christ has overcome the world and even now reigns upon the throne of His heavenly city. Rejoice in your citizenship in the kingdom of God and go boldly into the world proclaiming His peace making men of all tongues to be disciples of Him!

BLB

Loyal
We shall have tribulation, but as Jesus overcame the world, so He also made it possible for us to overcome it.
Give God the glory!

Unworthy Servant
Staff Member
He gave us His Peace with assurance that our eternal life is His through forgiveness of sin, that death could not hold us nor hurt us, and gave us hope as we look for Him at His returning that we may be where He is, forever.

He went before us to show us it's true,
He gave us the Gospel of life anew
He took our sin and burden of shame
And gave us true hope in His blessed Name

With such peace, the world has no more dominion over us, for our hearts and minds are set elsewhere, in Christ the King, the Lord of glory.

Praise Him! and praise Him some more!!
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, amen

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1