• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Newness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

How beautiful it is to be found in Christ Jesus! Our natures of corruption and villainy are done away with and recreated both new and perfected. Let all praise and honour go to His majestic greatness for all His splendid works!

BLB

Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

How beautiful it is to be found in Christ Jesus! Our natures of corruption and villainy are done away with and recreated both new and perfected. Let all praise and honour go to His majestic greatness for all His splendid works!

BLB
Note, it says 'are become new'. It does not say 'has become new'. It is a work in progress.
To change from old to new (180 deg), is not about the old self cleaned up, but a completely new Self made up of completely new attitudes, a completely altered belief system, based on a complete opposite reference to life. Instead of self-will reference, it becomes a God's-will reference to life. It is a progress for the majority of us, because the mind has to no longer value its own identity (ego-self) without losing itself (losing its mind).

I mention this because a lot of Christians think that they have all of a sudden become a new. I know that baptism can give a great sense of relief and change, but that is only a deposit of what is to become of us who turn our will and our lives over to the care of God (on a daily basis).

Loyal
Note, it says 'are become new'. It does not say 'has become new'. It is a work in progress.
To change from old to new (180 deg), is not about the old self cleaned up, but a completely new Self made up of completely new attitudes, a completely altered belief system, based on a complete opposite reference to life. Instead of self-will reference, it becomes a God's-will reference to life. It is a progress for the majority of us, because the mind has to no longer value its own identity (ego-self) without losing itself (losing its mind).

I mention this because a lot of Christians think that they have all of a sudden become a new. I know that baptism can give a great sense of relief and change, but that is only a deposit of what is to become of us who turn our will and our lives over to the care of God (on a daily basis).
Amen !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 6
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2