• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - In Christ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (1 Corinthians 1:30)

"All we have we have from God as the fountain, and in and through Christ as the channel of conveyance. He is made of God to us all we need, or can desire. We are foolishness, ignorant and blind in the things of God, with all our boasted knowledge; and He is made wisdom to us. We are guilty, obnoxious to justice; and He is made righteousness, our great atonement and sacrifice. We are depraved and corrupt; and He is made sanctification, the spring of our spiritual life; from him, the head, it is communicated to all the members of his mystical body by his Holy Spirit. We are in bonds, and he is made redemption to us, our Saviour and deliverer."

—Matthew Henry

BLB

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: (1 Corinthians 1:30)

"All we have we have from God as the fountain, and in and through Christ as the channel of conveyance. He is made of God to us all we need, or can desire. We are foolishness, ignorant and blind in the things of God, with all our boasted knowledge; and He is made wisdom to us. We are guilty, obnoxious to justice; and He is made righteousness, our great atonement and sacrifice. We are depraved and corrupt; and He is made sanctification, the spring of our spiritual life; from him, the head, it is communicated to all the members of his mystical body by his Holy Spirit. We are in bonds, and he is made redemption to us, our Saviour and deliverer."

—Matthew Henry

BLB
OMGoodness! This is why I hate the commentaries. The thing is exactly opposite to what the bible says.......unless Henry is talking about before we are saved. And before the cross, in which case the whole thing is a waste of words.
The bible says that Jesus was made sin, so we could be made righteousness.
We are in bonds but....Jesus did set us free. we are not in bonds...He who the Son sets free is free indeed!

Staff Member
@Bendito

Devotionals speak to people in different ways.
Many are
Without Christ Jesus
Without The Holy Spirit
Without God

Most especially without Hope.

They are living/seeing the very things that Matthew Henry speaks of here in themselves.
So, if it can communicate to others that what we do does not come naturally to us, but rather supernaturally through Christ Jesus. An ongoing change in us that is possible for them through Christ Jesus. Then prayerfully with the Mercy of God they may open/see that faith that they have been given, in order to believe in that Everlasting Hope we have through and in Him. Jesus our Redeemer!

Because I care for you brother. If you hate them these devotionals so. Then please stop reading them.
Why anger yourself unnecessarily?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Colossians 1:27

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
@Bendito

Devotionals speak to people in different ways.
Many are
Without Christ Jesus
Without The Holy Spirit
Without God

Most especially without Hope.

They are living/seeing the very things that Matthew Henry speaks of here in themselves.
So, if it can communicate to others that what we do does not come naturally to us, but rather supernaturally through Christ Jesus. An ongoing change in us that is possible for them through Christ Jesus. Then prayerfully with the Mercy of God they may open/see that faith that they have been given, in order to believe in that Everlasting Hope we have through and in Him. Jesus our Redeemer!

Because I care for you brother. If you hate them these devotionals so. Then please stop reading them.
Why anger yourself unnecessarily?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Colossians 1:27

No no.....I said I hate those commentaries.....Not devotionals.

Staff Member
Apologies then. :-(
I failed to see the difference you were attempting to communicate to me.

I don't mind at times the use of commentaries. Sometimes the use of a commentary in a devotional allows for an increased understanding and hopefully then a deeper devotional for the person who does not have an intimate grasp of scripture.

Maybe, I'll put "Commentary" in parenthesis in the heading.
This way you can avoid the ones that include them.
It would be little enough for one brother to do for another if it can prevent angst on the part of one.

Always with the Love of Christ Jesus brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Apologies then. :-(
I failed to see the difference you were attempting to communicate to me.

I don't mind at times the use of commentaries. Sometimes the use of a commentary in a devotional allows for an increased understanding and hopefully then a deeper devotional for the person who does not have an intimate grasp of scripture.

Maybe, I'll put "Commentary" in parenthesis in the heading.
This way you can avoid the ones that include them.
It would be little enough for one brother to do for another if it can prevent angst on the part of one.

Always with the Love of Christ Jesus brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><
It was probably a miscommunication on my part Little Brother...Hugs on ya

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0