• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Harvest

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:8-9)

If we sow the things of the flesh (that is, the things of sin), then we will reap eternal punishment; but if we sow the things of the Spirit (that is, the things of God), then we will reap eternal happiness and joy! As we sow the things of God and cultivate them we must keep pressing on. It may seem that our work is worthless, but in the end, we will reap eternal life with God. For what better harvest could we hope?

BLB

Loyal
I have noticed that about 90% or more (I haven't done an actual count) of the promises in the New Testament.. are conditional.
There's usually an "if". If we do this... (sow to the flesh).. we get this... If we do that.. (sow to the Spirit)... we get that.

Staff Member
Agreed brother! Most are conditional.
Most times we think of promises as those things that are positive, desired and talk of future joy.
While too often overlooking that they also can have negative effects with unwanted consequences due to our own shortcomings.

I wonder how many would still seek to read and know about those more rightly seen as admonitions if the focus of the devotional were for correction rather than promises of joy/gain?

Then again, we should desire to be like Paul racing towards the goal ahead of us, so that what affects the temporal becomes of less concern, in only how it may affect attaining that which awaits the overcomer to the Glory of God.

Thanks for sharing your insight brother.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 6
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0