• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Adopted Children

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. (1 John 3:1)

Did you know that you are loved by the Creator of the Universe? Regardless of who we are, God loves us and is willing to adopt us as sons and daughters. All we have to do is allow Jesus to be our Lord. Do not be surprised if people mock you once you become a believer. They do not understand God's love for them, and therefore, cannot understand your love for God.

BLB

Loyal
A real problem in this natural world as well as in many believers, is that they do not understand what God means by Love. It is not what most people mean by Love. The scripture says, "God is love" [I John 4:14 & I John 4:16]. A more detailed explanation is given in I Cor 13:4-7. People can read the verses as many have done and still not fully understand it because they do not understand who or what God is. Very simply He loves us better than even the best of parents.

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up." Psalm 27:10

Loyal
It is interesting that the word, "adoption" is made up of two separate words. "Ad" which means, "to", and the last part, "option" which means, "choose". Together they mean, "to choose"

We were "chosen" to be his children in Christ before the foundation of the world!!

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 6
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2