• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Promise Kept

Staff Member
So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram [was] seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. Genesis 12:4 NKJV

Abram spent his life living with and for his family. They meant something to him. If he had a bucket list, it was probably filled with cherished memories. But Abram had no son.

God would eventually tell Abram to leave family behind and follow Him on a great adventure. God said, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you” (Genesis 12:1-2 NIV).

How long have you waited for an answer to a prayer? Is it easy to give up when it seems God is silent? Abram would leave his childhood home, his family, and the security he felt in order to experience God’s answer to prayer, but he waited twenty-five years for His answer.

Giving up would have been easy, and no human would have blamed Abram. While this aging adventurer tried to find the answer in all the wrong places, God made a promise He would keep.

Trusting God isn’t about making you wait but about proving beyond a doubt that when God promises, He delivers.

Prayer: God, help me to be patient when I have to wait on You. When You have given a promise, help me to remember that I just haven’t seen it fulfilled—yet. Help me trust You while I wait.