Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Pride

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Dave M, Dec 4, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. One thing is for sure God does not like the pride in anyone. As a matter of scripture the word says God opposes the prideful

James 4:6
    But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

You can search scripture and there is much said about the pride and its not good !!

So what does Pride look like, I am sure people who are proud do not even know it, you will here things like I am not bragging then they go on to list of accomplishments that they have done perhaps?? Lord forgive me I am guilty of this.

learning from brother NIck to search parable for examples I found this parable and thought it fitting. As to what pride might look like

Luke 18:9-14
    He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ ..

Jesus said

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Being humble to me is the opposite of being prideful, I get prideful way to much Lord forgive me. Any time I take something personal in a discussions and seek only to be right instead of seeking the truth I am being prideful. Anytime I give a smart a$$ remark to a person instead of always giving a loving caring encouraging response I am being
    prideful, My Heavenly father I pray for forgiveness and a change of heart. And I thank you my Heavenly father for the changes you have made in my heart and look forward to receiving more of them in Jesus name I pray.

I am scared to death of pride, and the most scary thing with sin I believe is sin is so sneaky to me it blinds so I do not even know its got me.

Lanolin, Laura1557 and Fragrant Grace like this.