• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Preparing For Battle

Staff Member
Blessed [be] the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, [And] my fingers for battle—Psalm 144:1 NKJV

Somewhere, somehow, many followers of Christ today have come to believe that the Christian life is easy, quiet, and without conflict. But that’s not what the Bible teachers. In fact, Jesus Himself plainly told his followers, “In this world you will have trouble.” (John 16:33)

In the Old Testament and New Testament alike, the writers likened life on this earth for the believer to war. The Bible tells us that we will be at war with our flesh, with the world around us, and with spiritual forces (the devil and his demons).

Christians, it really is a war out there! But it’s a war we don’t have to fight alone—even if we could.

In today’s verse, David the psalmist thanks and praises his God for empowering and preparing him for war with his enemies. And our Lord does the same thing today!

In one beloved passage (Ephesians 6:10-18), the apostle Paul tells his readers how they can use the weapons of war God has given them to fight their spiritual battles.

When we let God train our hands for war and our fingers for battle, we’ll reap the victory we’d never see on our own.

Prayer: Protector God, thank You for always protecting me, arming me, and preparing me for battle here on earth. With You on my side, I’ll be a winner every time.