• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Prayers of Protection

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I [will be] with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. Psalm 91:14-15

God tells the disobedient, “The Lord’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call,” But “because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore” (Isaiah 59:1-2). When people are far from God, they can’t claim His blessing or protection.

However, the opposite is true when you draw near to God. Then, you call upon Him and He will answer. He will be with you when you face trouble and protect you. This doesn’t mean that He will spare you from all trouble, but it means that He will be with you.

Some people, however, question why God often doesn’t seem to be with believers who love and obey Him. Does that mean this promise isn’t true? No. What it means is that God is sovereign and has His reasons for sometimes allowing suffering.

Notice in Hebrews 11:35-27 that He allowed His righteous followers to be tortured, whipped, to languish in prison, to die by stoning, to be sawed in half, and to be killed with the sword. Many others were destitute and oppressed and mistreated. Yet we remember these people not as abandoned unfortunates, but as heroes of the fight.