• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Prayers needed!!

Hello everyone!

My name is noel I’m going through something really hard right now and I am requesting prayers from the believers. I had someone that I thought was a friend who is going through a supposedly dire need and asked if I was able to help her financially I was hesitant and really didn’t want to do it but I thought it would be best to treat others as I would want to be treated and I’ve been in hard situation financially, and people have been kind to me. The problem is that this situation went on for months, throughout this time she profusely promised to pay me back,

I know it’s my fault I shouldn’t have helped with anything. I feel stupid. I am honestly feeling suicidal. It was a miracle that I even had that kind of money to give in the first place and I don’t see how I could ever get that kind of money again I am angry with myself and with person who I thought was my friend I was never rude to her in any way even when I told her that I didn’t have the money anymore which was the truth, she got upset with me because I couldn’t give her more money and said I didn’t want to help and blocked me. I am bitter that I’m out money I realize she was never my friend too late and honestly I’m bitter that she’s going to go on and live a happy life while I suffer.

I’m just asking for prayers because I really do feel like I’m losing my mind. I’ve always been honorable person. I’ve always pay back my debt and for someone to do this to me. It’s just evil and cruel and I feel like the worlds biggest idiot I am praying for myself and asking God to give me strength and help me to count the blessings that I do have but honestly it’s hard.

Sorry for the rant but thank you for the prayers.

Active
Hello everyone!

My name is noel I’m going through something really hard right now and I am requesting prayers from the believers. I had someone that I thought was a friend who is going through a supposedly dire need and asked if I was able to help her financially I was hesitant and really didn’t want to do it but I thought it would be best to treat others as I would want to be treated and I’ve been in hard situation financially, and people have been kind to me. The problem is that this situation went on for months, throughout this time she profusely promised to pay me back,

I know it’s my fault I shouldn’t have helped with anything. I feel stupid. I am honestly feeling suicidal. It was a miracle that I even had that kind of money to give in the first place and I don’t see how I could ever get that kind of money again I am angry with myself and with person who I thought was my friend I was never rude to her in any way even when I told her that I didn’t have the money anymore which was the truth, she got upset with me because I couldn’t give her more money and said I didn’t want to help and blocked me. I am bitter that I’m out money I realize she was never my friend too late and honestly I’m bitter that she’s going to go on and live a happy life while I suffer.

I’m just asking for prayers because I really do feel like I’m losing my mind. I’ve always been honorable person. I’ve always pay back my debt and for someone to do this to me. It’s just evil and cruel and I feel like the worlds biggest idiot I am praying for myself and asking God to give me strength and help me to count the blessings that I do have but honestly it’s hard.

I pray that God grants you everything that you are deserving of.

Active
Hello everyone!

Heyllo..

For me personally I had to ask YH (God) to show me how to forgive many people.. I also ask for discernment.. I come to find in this walk of life many are out to take advantage of others...

Forgiveness isn't easy especially when deceit comes from those who were once close to us..

We forgive not for the sake of others but for our own.. the hurt turns to anger eventually and anger can lead us astray...

Abba teach us how to Worship you and to Love you perfectly as you do for us

Twistie :broken_heart:

Active
Hello everyone!

Hi Noel,

That's quite an annoying situation to be in that you've outlined there. Your debtor has treated you with contempt and TBH she deserves a good slap! That's what the world says, we can be very moral when we've been sinned against. But beware, is that the Holy Spirit that's stirring up the anger in you or is the enemy winding you up, making you angry and hateful?

The salient verse is Luke 6:34-35, from Jesus's sermon on the plain. Read it, and you need to do a double take. How does that work? I'm going to go bankrupt. You might even think to yourself, it's a good job Jesus never ran a bank ... 'errr sorry sir, your loan application's been rejected, because you'll probably be able to repay it :confused: But seriously, if someone comes to you in need and asks to borrow, and you've got it, by all means lend, but don't expect repayment, and if they do - happy days! Totally counter intuitive but it works, and I'll tell you why. You don't fall out with your debtor, you don't end up hating him / her and wanting to sue or take revenge and you're likely to remain close friends and more likely to actually get repaid when the debtor's situation turns around whereas if you've fell out with him / her, they have less incentive to repay.

Think about it another way. God has forgiven you debts that make the US national debt pale into insignificance, and here's you getting all steamed up over a few quid. Read Matthew 18:21-35.

That's the problem with the Gospel. Easy on paper but in practice, almost impossible, unless that is, you ask God to give you Holy Spirit wisdom. So here's the challenge. Go to your friend, give her a hug and say, it don't matter, repay, if and when you can, but let's stay friends. Friendship's more important than cash; you'd only spend it, and friends are so much nicer than enemies. I promise you, God will bless and reward you a billion to one, as compared to your bad debt.

Isn't it amazing how Jesus's teaching turns out to be so spectacularly wise and wonderful?

Loyal
Betrayal always hurts us, but it happened to Jesus also. He knew it would happen and who would do it, but He treated him well regardless. Never feel too bad that you were suckered, simply remember that you should never loan money out unless you can afford to never get it back. I have had ppl do this to me also, and have always recovered financially eventually, and grew wiser about not lending unless I can afford to never get it back.

Hi Noel,

That's quite an annoying situation to be in that you've outlined there. Your debtor has treated you with contempt and TBH she deserves a good slap! That's what the world says, we can be very moral when we've been sinned against. But beware, is that the Holy Spirit that's stirring up the anger in you or is the enemy winding you up, making you angry and hateful?

The salient verse is Luke 6:34-35, from Jesus's sermon on the plain. Read it, and you need to do a double take. How does that work? I'm going to go bankrupt. You might even think to yourself, it's a good job Jesus never ran a bank ... 'errr sorry sir, your loan application's been rejected, because you'll probably be able to repay it :confused: But seriously, if someone comes to you in need and asks to borrow, and you've got it, by all means lend, but don't expect repayment, and if they do - happy days! Totally counter intuitive but it works, and I'll tell you why. You don't fall out with your debtor, you don't end up hating him / her and wanting to sue or take revenge and you're likely to remain close friends and more likely to actually get repaid when the debtor's situation turns around whereas if you've fell out with him / her, they have less incentive to repay.

Think about it another way. God has forgiven you debts that make the US national debt pale into insignificance, and here's you getting all steamed up over a few quid. Read Matthew 18:21-35.

That's the problem with the Gospel. Easy on paper but in practice, almost impossible, unless that is, you ask God to give you Holy Spirit wisdom. So here's the challenge. Go to your friend, give her a hug and say, it don't matter, repay, if and when you can, but let's stay friends. Friendship's more important than cash; you'd only spend it, and friends are so much nicer than enemies. I promise you, God will bless and reward you a billion to one, as compared to your bad debt.

Isn't it amazing how Jesus's teaching turns out to be so spectacularly wise and wonderful?
Hello
Thank you for your response. I will definitely re read those scriptures again and again.. the thing is she has decided to stop talking to me, and refuses to pay me back as it stands today, because I was unable to keep helping her financially. I have tried to reach out to check on her and it seems I am blocked from communicating with her which further upsets me. So I’m not just upset about the money I thought we were friends but it it seems to me. This may have been her plan all along because for me to help her for seven months financially, and then I am in a hard way with money, and could no longer help her without myself suffering she gets mad and blocked me. It’s very hurtful. You are correct though, so I am trying to have the right spirit about the situation and just except that the money is gone and so is the person I thought it was a friend. ‍♀️

Betrayal always hurts us, but it happened to Jesus also. He knew it would happen and who would do it, but He treated him well regardless. Never feel too bad that you were suckered, simply remember that you should never loan money out unless you can afford to never get it back. I have had ppl do this to me also, and have always recovered financially eventually, and grew wiser about not lending unless I can afford to never get it back.
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. That is the pain that is hard to get over that I was a sucker I was a fool for even caring.. I think I’m more angry at myself had I’ve been more stingy with my money I would have all of it, and I wouldn’t be feeling this pain. One thing I know is I will never let this happen again. I have to put myself first from now on.

Staff Member
Greetings,

@Ms.Elle

You wrote...
"I have to put myself first from now on."
-----

No.

Always put Jesus Christ first....

always

{you are feeling the way you have been because you already are putting your self first... and you do not like feeling that way, do you? }

Bless you ....><>

Greetings,

@Ms.Elle

You wrote...
"I have to put myself first from now on."
-----

No.

Always put Jesus Christ first....

always

{you are feeling the way you have been because you already are putting your self first... and you do not like feeling that way, do you? }

Bless you ....><>
Hello

I suppose I am putting myself first and only thinking about my feelings, which doesn’t make me feel good to be honest but I don’t know what else to think. I went above and beyond to help someone in need of help and when I was down and unable to help any further they discarded me like I’m trash. I don’t know how to feel positive about that or happy about that, and I certainly don’t want something like this to happen to me again. No I don’t want to be selfish and mean spirited and never help again, but I definitely have to implement boundaries. This is the most painful thing I have been through as a Christian I have never been betrayed like this before..

Thank you for your response

Active
Hello

I suppose I am putting myself first and only thinking about my feelings, which doesn’t make me feel good to be honest but I don’t know what else to think. I went above and beyond to help someone in need of help and when I was down and unable to help any further they discarded me like I’m trash. I don’t know how to feel positive about that or happy about that, and I certainly don’t want something like this to happen to me again. No I don’t want to be selfish and mean spirited and never help again, but I definitely have to implement boundaries. This is the most painful thing I have been through as a Christian I have never been betrayed like this before..

Thank you for your response

It hurts when this happens. But if this is the only time it has happened to you,count yourself as blessed.
Over the years I have helped many,only to be disappointed. But that’s our lot. Still we haven’t suffered rejection as the Lord Jesus did/has.
We should not be weary of well doing. God has a way of bringing things to fruition.
Though someone used us,if they are better off by doing so,it is enough.
If someone asks for your coat,give him your cloak also,remember.
The Lord will bless you in his time.
Stay faithful

It hurts when this happens. But if this is the only time it has happened to you,count yourself as blessed.
Over the years I have helped many,only to be disappointed. But that’s our lot. Still we haven’t suffered rejection as the Lord Jesus did/has.
We should not be weary of well doing. God has a way of bringing things to fruition.
Though someone used us,if they are better off by doing so,it is enough.
If someone asks for your coat,give him your cloak also,remember.
The Lord will bless you in his time.
Stay faithful
You’re right 100% thanks for your kind words.

Staff Member
Greetings again,

We do have situations that help us to see more thoroughly our condition without God's Grace in and through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Give thanks, always, knowing that the trials help purify all the dross from us, perfecting us fit for His Kingdom as well as giving us patience and more knowledge of His love for us.

If it was me, I'd start with repentance for my reaction. Turning to thanksgiving for God's goodness and faithfulness as He reveals more of the riches of His grace. This would lead to being able to forgive and forget pains and feelings that otherwise steal our precious peace that we have as ours as children of the Lord.

I think we all understand how you must be feeling and while we don't want to belittle what you presently are experiencing, we want to encourage you in God's love, knowing also that as you overcome by Christ, and are comforted, you will be a blessing to others who might one day get hurt in a similar way.

The Lord is our healer and binds up the broken hearted.

Remember also, and this should help you, our Lord Jesus was betrayed so you have been blessed to taste some of what He endured for us while we were still sinners.

That ought to kindle a fire of love for Him and others, in you!

He never let's us endure more than He knows we can handle. But to purify gold it must go through the fire.
-----

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Peter 1:7-9

Bless you ....><>

Greetings again,

We do have situations that help us to see more thoroughly our condition without God's Grace in and through His Son, Jesus Christ.

Give thanks, always, knowing that the trials help purify all the dross from us, perfecting us fit for His Kingdom as well as giving us patience and more knowledge of His love for us.

If it was me, I'd start with repentance for my reaction. Turning to thanksgiving for God's goodness and faithfulness as He reveals more of the riches of His grace. This would lead to being able to forgive and forget pains and feelings that otherwise steal our precious peace that we have as ours as children of the Lord.

I think we all understand how you must be feeling and while we don't want to belittle what you presently are experiencing, we want to encourage you in God's love, knowing also that as you overcome by Christ, and are comforted, you will be a blessing to others who might one day get hurt in a similar way.

The Lord is our healer and binds up the broken hearted.

Remember also, and this should help you, our Lord Jesus was betrayed so you have been blessed to taste some of what He endured for us while we were still sinners.

That ought to kindle a fire of love for Him and others, in you!

He never let's us endure more than He knows we can handle. But to purify gold it must go through the fire.
-----

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Peter 1:7-9

Bless you ....><>
Hello

You are absolutely right, and I have asked the Lord to forgive me for being bitter about the situation. I always say whenever I go through hard trials I want to be better, not bitter. And I have also been thinking a lot about Hebrews 4:15 “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”
I appreciate your response, as well as all the others, pointing me back to Jesus, because at the end of the day, I do realize that it’s all about him! When I wrote this post last week, I was just in complete shock and to be honest I still am, but I am trying to move forward in confidence knowing that God works all things together for our good .. thank you again.