Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

prayers for workmates

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Lanolin, Sep 18, 2017.

1. They haven't requested prayer but maybe just pray anyway as I need to work with them.

One seems angry and hurt (don't know why, personal stuff, lust, loss) and the other has issues with gay pride.
    They aren't believers (yet!) but as its work situation can't really witness to them, and also, they are very defensive.

Or maybe give me the words to say. I can't mention the 'G' word because one will say sarcastically oh god is spaghetti monster, and the other seems to think christians are just these weird people who are nice for no good reason.

Yea so anyway. I just have to put up with a lot of swearing and loud rock music and crude jokes all the time but mostly it doesn't bother me. I'm not going to be friends with the world, but these are the people I've got to work with. Unless...maybe they will decide to leave and I will have new workmates. I don't know. Lord just show them you are real and your way is best.

I detect a hunger for righteousness even if it's just a smidgen.

JesusGivesLifeMeaning likes this.
  2. @Lanolin
    Praying for your workmates.

Lanolin likes this.
  3. Looks like may be having new workmates come on board in future..thanks for prayers, have another week with one, Monday wasnt so good seems like he had a bad weekend and so was a bit grumpy and uncommunicative today but I do see some light shining in the darkness.

Sent from a mobile device
  4. Praying for Lanolin and this situation. Blessings.

5. Still seems in an off mood today.
    Thinking if hes going to be like this all week dont know how long I will last in this job.

How can you work with someone who says over and over if you dont like me theres the door.
    So Im like ok I can find my own way home and you can work by yourself.

My way or the highway I suppose. What about doing it God's way?

6. Thanks for prayers TJers.

Am back working the other run now (which is normal for me) but it did seem like things have improved a bit on the work front with the other workmates.

Maybe just pray for clear communications and less misunderstandings. Or we may all be going deaf from too much lawnmowing.

amadeus2 likes this.
  7. Praise report one workmate gave me some help in the church garden. Hes an adamant 'my way or the highway' kind of person. Asked him what he thinks of Jesus and he kept saying well hes just a man even though he is the Son of God. He does have a bible, even a kjv. I just said well read the bible again!

Although he did say he was a hard nut to crack. Well keep asking God to water him till his heart is all soft and gooey.

Brad Huber likes this.
  8. The new workmate asked me about church today. I told him how we were hearing the story of Jesus again with Marys pregnancy (for advent/christmas) and that I never grow tired of it.
    He said his mother in law goes, I asked him if he ever goes and he said no...but he seemed a bit open to talk about belief or lack of it..I would say hes agnostic, he told me he believed in scientology and I was like what? Or do you mean science?

i think he meant science. He also talked about evolution and karma but wasnt so sure about an afterlife. i said well you reap what you sow, maybe he will ask me more? He said he didnt grow up in church and hasnt been baptised.

Please pray I have the words to say to him about the gospel. And how heaven is waiting for him if he repents and believes.

9. No man can come to Me,
    except the Father which hath sent Me draw him:
    and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44​

Greetings,

yes.
    Thank you for updating. And may everything you do as well be a witness to this workmate and all others you work with, in and by and with God's grace in Jesus Christ the Lord

Bless you ....><>

P.S. About the hard nut... it takes a little longer, soaking in the water, before it sprouts. Keep the Water up to it and a little sunshine, from the Son.
    and remember that it is not us pushing but the Father drawing that will lead them to Life.

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44

Christ4Ever and Lanolin like this.
  10. You could always remind him God has a wrench to fit every nut. :)

Lanolin, Brad Huber and Christ4Ever like this.