• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Prayer for my final attempt to stop smoking

Dear all,

I have decided to stop smoking after 12 years. I am still under 30 and believe it's time. I have tried to stop so many times but this time I want it to be final. I need prayer for strength during times when I am tempted or feel weak. God has always blessed me with good health and I understand every time I smoke, it makes God sad....

Please prayer for me to overcome this unnatural desire of the flesh and also a prayer for the all the other people out there trying to also stop.

"Father, we thank you for your revelation and the truth you have revealed to us and that the truth has not changed over the ages though unfortunately we as a species have and our carnal & unnatural desires have evolved. Please guard our minds against temptation and so that we may forever seek to purify ourselves before you in order to fulfill your purpose for us and for us to glorify your name.

Amen"

Loyal
Glad to pray for your strength brother. Our body is the temple for the Holy Spirit, so indeed, we should take good care of it.

Staff Member
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me
Philippians 4:13

Greetings @Awakening234

Praise the Lord.....He is stronger than our flesh
And through Him we can achieve all things

The liar satan will continually try to make you feel guilty for possible cravings and longings, he wants you to fall

Instead when a craving to smoke comes start singing praises to the Lord and rejoice in His power
We have victory over the flesh through Him.....praise those fleshy cravings away!!!

Praying with you brother

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
1 Corinthians 15:57

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
Romans 8:37

Last edited by a moderator:
We CAN BREAK every yoke or bondage by Fasting ! I found it only takes three days water only , praying and reading the bible !

Isa_58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily:

Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am.

I told a old catholic lady this ! She was in Her 70s !
She said , on the third day the LORD did come and speak to Her ! but She was too afraid to talk with HIM1
I had told Her not to fear1 He Loves Us more than we Love ourselves!

She said ? She had obeyed the priests and did everything they told Her from a little girl ! But never heard from GOD !

If your Not born again ? I would say do not fast ! Unless your doing it to get Salvation !

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The Heart is the Spirit of the person ! That where the change takes place !

Hi Awakening234

I wanted you to know you are being prayed for and that I know He can and will deliver you from this. My mom years ago was delivered by the very hand of God from smoking. She gave it all to Him and He took her want and cravings for cigerettes totally away and He can do that for you too. I pray that He gives you the peace, comfort and strength to overcome the want and cravings for cigerettes and I pray that you be delivered from the bondage of them. God help you to fight the temptations and may you be free from them now and always as you seek to do His will and stop smoking.

God bless you my brother in Jesus
AA

Dear all,

Many thanks for your prayers. I would like to share with you all that I have not relapsed. It has been almost 10 weeks since a cigarette has touched my lips.
I feel like another chain has broken! Jesus saves!

The next step give up alcohol...

Staff Member
Dear all,

Many thanks for your prayers. I would like to share with you all that I have not relapsed. It has been almost 10 weeks since a cigarette has touched my lips.
I feel like another chain has broken! Jesus saves!

The next step give up alcohol...
Thank you for the update @Awakening234

Praise the Lord!!!

Remember brother He is abundantly able......able to keep you from falling

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

Last edited by a moderator:
Praise God!

Through Him we are saved! When no one else can He saves and delivers us. So happy for you Awaking and continuing to pray for you. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AA:smiley:

Administrator
Staff Member
@Awakening234

I'm happy for you regarding your success to stop smoking. I will keep you in prayer to continue this path.

Last edited:
Praise God for the revelations He has made in your life. We pray that He may give you strength to resist the urge to smoke through the Mighty Name of Jesus. We thank you for the sacrifice that Jesus became and by His stripes we are forgiven. Amen