Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

prayer for child with eating disorder

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Dreamer, Apr 14, 2008.

1. I have long suspected my dear daughter has an eating disorder. I found evidence in her behavior and in other matters/places, but she vehemently denied it.

On Thursday of last week she talked to her guidance counselor and admitted she purges and that she has a serious problem.

Please no one let her know or contact her, as she would be very embarrassed to know I'm asking for prayer.

Just pray please. I appreciate it so much.

Her general practioner now knows and she has an appointment with a Doctor/Psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders...next Monday April 22.

I have been praying for her concerning this for quite some time. So the fact that she became vulnerable and admitted her problem is a direct answer to prayer.

Her health is suffering; she already has been diagnosed with colonitis 2 months ago, and I believe she needs to be tested for an ulcer, as her stomach hurts every day. I believe she has torn up her stomach.

She will see her GP again too. She has seen him 3 times in past 3 months and they have done some tests but they haven't done an upper or lower GI yet.

Thank you for all your prayer.

Jan

2. I will be praying.

Father I ask that you touch my sister's life, that you would show her..how muhc value she is. Give her the mind of Chirst, renew a right spirit within, create in her a clean heart Lord. Brin healing to her emotionally and physically.

Lord I praise you.

3. Lord Jesus I ask you as I lift my heart to you, to bless and heal, and deliver, and set free, and restore.......

Dear Lord Jesus only you can help us, we need you Jesus. Lord Minister healing, let it begin now.....LOrd Jesus....My eyes look to you in this matter.........In Jesus

4. I am very sorry to hear this sister, i will keep her in my prayers and my thoughts are with you and yours, I pray God will heal her and allow his Love to consume her and she will be free of this problum.

God Bless and Much Love xoxoxoxoxoxoxo:girl_hug::girl_hug::girl_hug:

5. May the Lord be with you in your time of need sister.
    You are both in my prayers.

God bless

6. Matthew 9:22
    But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Sister, I know your faith is great. Do not worry about anything. Without faith, you cannot please GOD. So please GOD and watch your daughter be healed. GOD is in control.

I will keep your daughter in prayer.

7. I never know quite how to thank y'all when you pray...it touches my heart and my spirit.

'Thank you' doesn't seem adequate, but then we're sisters and brothers in Christ, and His love sure is evident in you.

8. Father I lift your servant to you tonight, I pray you will free her from the bondage of this addiction. We know that you are greater than the things of this world Father and we lay it at you feet and know, You are God! Blessings to you as well sister Dreamer, i will will pray without ceasing.

In Christ,

NC

9. #9 Dreamer, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
    This morning she wasn't very cautious and I could hear her throwing up. Her stepfather insists upon her eating breakfast. I don't know why. She just throws it up anyway.

I believe she usually runs the sink water while she does that. But this time she forgot, either that or she just doesn't care anymore.

I haven't told my husband the specifics of what is wrong with daughter, but he is already sensing that she may have anorexia. She is so little. This all started out with a diet she went on during Christmas break. I don't feel free to tell my husband she purges...I think he would be mad that she "wastes food". He makes her clean her plate and is real big on not wasting one ounce of food. I have to use every morsel of leftovers in soups, casseroles, etc., or he gets mad.

This morning while I stood by the bathroom door, I was starting to get dizzy like I was going to pass out...like a panic attack...I had to go lay down on my bed...it hurts so much to tangibly realize with your own ears that she does this to her body...I mean...I already knew...but hearing it brings it to reality.

I was so happy that she had admitted it to guidance counselor...that lasted about 1 and 1/2 days and then I just felt guilty, responsible and like an extremely bad mom.

I was in my bed praying trying to fight off panic after hearing her. I am usually out in the kitchen at that time running around packing lunch and such. He asked me what was the matter and I told her my daughter. He prayed with me. He senses that she is trying to be a size 1. I have not told him she has an appt with an eating disorder doctor. He thinks she is still going to her regular counselor. Her regular counselor didn't even believe she has an eating disorder. Counselor looked me in the face and told me I was imagining things! But ppl with eating disorders do lie and cover up things.

At least she has admitted it to me and is willing to go to the right doctor. I hope they put her in a support group with other teens. I think that would help a lot to be with others who struggle/suffer with this.

I know God will heal her but I don't know how long it will take. As a mother who loves her very much, this tears me up. I haven't been doing well with my studies...I'm more concerned about her than anything else. The other things can wait and are way at the bottom of the list of priorities.

I'm praying a lot and I know you here are praying, but I cannot tell church friends here...they would gossip and it would get back to her and I know as shy as she is, it would embarrass her completely.

Besides, when some girl gets pregnant or something at high school, at church they ask for prayer, but they don't pray as far as I know. They just talk about whatever girl is in trouble. I'm afraid it would be the same thing with this eating disorder: something interesting for them to talk about.

It's hard not to share this with my husband or my friends here in town. At my school, I did share it with 2 christian friends because they don't live around here and can keep their mouths shut anyway. They are praying for her too. They always ask about her when they see me and their voices are concerned and quiet.

I am broken and hurt. I would rather it would be myself suffering instead of her. I would rather be sick than her.

When she was molested and shut down when she was little, I remember being desperate that I could be the one shutting down and not talking. She was 5 years old and did not talk for 5 weeks. I remember because I marked it on the calendar. She lay on the floor and would not go in her room and screamed when I tried to give her a bath. The psychiatrist said she was having a nervous breakdown. They put her on liquid prozac.

I believe it was her father (my ex) that did this to her, as there was no one else around, and besides, as soon as she shut down, he left for Pennsylvania and I had to take her to the doctor alone to have her checked.

I feel like our whole lives are just messed up. And yet I know that God uses bad for good.

10. Dreamer, you know you've always been there for me, through everything.
    Praying with me and for me.

So please know, I'm here whenever you need to talk, I love you and will talk to you soon.

love you my spiritual mom.

11. I am quickly losing faith. I can't base my faith on my feelings though.

Tomorrow is her appointment with doctor who specializes in eating disorders.

Please pray for me that I won't lose hope. This disorder doesn't seem to bother my daughter at all...she is deceived into thinking that she is fine. Meanwhile, I'm about to fall apart.

Please pray.

12. I'm still praying and will always be praying.

Hope everything went well.

love yuh..
    You're my spiritual mom..so I know you'll be strong.

13. Appointment went well.

She is still doing some of the behaviors, but it has gotten a bit better.

She has damaged her stomach and now has an ulcer, and has damaged her heart and has tachycardia: overfast heartbeat and/or skipping heartbeat.

It has been a nightmare, but I pray that it will soon be over in God's perfect timing.

Our prayers will be answered.

14. Yes it will be..Our God is an awesome God.

And the blood of Jesus will renew her mind..

15. I pray for you!!!

Hi dreamer,
    I will pray for you and your daughter. It really hurts to a mother watching her daughter in such a situation while she can't help and the daughter does not commit anything to her.

I feel with you.

In such a situation as you are, god gave me the following words out of Colossians 3:

16. #16 Dreamer, Jul 19, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
    Groove Turtle, thank you so much:love: Your prayers and the scripture you have given mean a lot to me.

Update on daughter:

No self-injury (cutting) for last 6 weeks! Doctor was very pleased on Tuesday of this week. The vomiting now at this point is not self-induced, but involuntary only. (Because she had induced vomiting so much for so long, that her stomach was expelling acid and food on its own.) I was not aware of this and thought she was still expelling on her own. I did not believe her the last few weeks when she said she was not doing it on purpose, because she has lied to me for so long about eating disorder and many, many other things.

The doctor confirmed to me on Tuesday that this involuntary vomiting can happen after a certain amount of time with repeated purging habits. That was not made clear to me until Tuesday.

Her involuntary vomiting spells have reduced to only 1 or 2 a week because her stomach/esophagus is healing due to ulcer medication and stopping the induced vomiting.

She rededicated her life to Christ on June 8 with the counsel of her Sunday School teacher and then she went forward a couple of weeks ago at church to make it public. Although she says the devil attacked her at first, it is going better now and she has made positive strides. In a way, it is a miracle, although I am still a bit skeptical, as I she has hid this from me for over a year and lied excessively.

Her doctor does not believe it would be beneficial at this time for her to go away to Nashville at the center for 6 months for eating disorders and self-injury. She believes my daughter should start school this fall normally and continue in counseling and medical monitoring. Her counselor had supported the idea for her to go stay at Mercy Ministries (Nashville). So I'll see what her counselor says on the 24th, which is when she has her next appt with her.

I am still not sure what God is doing, but it seems like He is directing us not to send her to the ministry/treatment center.

17. Sister Dreamer...

on your behalf, I commit this whole situation to our Lord Jesus... and as we look to Him with praise in our hearts and on our lips, as we confess His glorious name before men, He will do a mighty work in you and your daughter, my sister in faith and hope...

Bless you dear sister Dreamer, and thank you for keeping in contact about your daughter and yourself...

fear not says the Lord... for I am with you... and I am He that heals you and restores you to My glory and will never leave nor forsake you... do not fear... but trust in Me says the Lord , for it is My will that you praise Me and give thanks for all I am about to do in you..

Sister, may you know His joy as you praise Him and serve Him with gladness.

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

18. Praise to the Lord!

@dreamer: Praise be to the Lord for what he has done to your daughter and to all of us! Let us believe in our prayers and his almightyness!

19. Father God just bless this daughter and mother in the precious name of Jesus! Just hold this family upon the lap of your love and wrap your loving arms around them. Minister your love and healing to them in the precious name of Jesus. Bless you Jesus

Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed, for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee: yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isiah 41:10

20. Let us pray for all parents and children in a situation like this. Iam sure, there are quite more than we would expect!