• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Pray the way Jesus Prayed

Staff Member
He went on a little farther and fell to the ground. He prayed that, if it were possible, the awful hour awaiting him might pass him by. "Abba, Father," he cried out, "everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." Mark 14:35-36 NLT

Jesus’ prayers in the Garden of Gethsemane were the most heart-wrenching prayers in the entire Bible. He knew what kind of suffering He would be facing the very next day as He took the punishment for our sins, and the human side of Him wanted God to find another way to accomplish His purposes.

Jesus was painfully honest with the Father as He humbly stated His own desires. Yet He also stated that He was 100 percent committed to doing the Father’s will and not His own.

That terrible night in the garden, Jesus set for us an example of prayer—honest prayer, humble prayer, and prayer that is fully submitted to the will of our Father in heaven.

Prayer: Father in heaven, there will be times in my life of faith when I come to You with a broken heart, a heart that desperately wants You to do something for me. In those times of anguished prayer, may I always remember to submit myself to Your perfect will.