• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pray For Those In Authority .

Pray For Those In Authority

1 TIMOTHY 2:1-2 NASB
1 - First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers,
petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2 -for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may
lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Believers have a responsibility to pray for their leaders.

If you are part of a fellowship where you have the resposibility
to pray for your leaders, then you need to take that responsibility
seriously, be informed and pray as the Lord directs you.

Don't allow yourself to be swayed by the emotional tactics used
by satans campaigns, or pray based on your selfish
interests. Pray as you believe the Lord would have you to pray.
Pray for godly leadership , instead of bickering with them !

But don't stop there . Pray for all authority figures , especially
those whose decisions affect many people's lives.

PROVERBS 29:2 LB
2 - With good men in authority, the people rejoice; but with the
wicked in power, they groan.

Father, I pray for godly leaders and all authority's, and
for your blessing on them. This is Gods order in all thing's !

For those who need more understanding in this area . Please
read two books called [ Undercover , and The Bait Of Satan ]
written by John Bevere . Mike

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
"...Pray as you believe the Lord would have you to pray. Pray for godly leadership...Mike"

Hi, Mike!

God bless you, Brother. We appreciate you.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

NIV

Heb 13:17-18
17 Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

18 Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.
NIV

Acts 28:26-27
26 "`Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27 For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.
NIV

Mike

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
This is an excellent thread brother thank you for starting this. This is very imoprtant, especially from what we experiences the past few days due to some naive adults on the board.

Only GOD is more powerful than Prayer itself as it goes to communicate to the Father in heaven in the first place. Prayer is very important. The more you pray, the more the Heavens are active. GOD gave us freedom. Life is short. Use your freedom and time wisely for GOD's glory and not your own. He has something better in the afterlife with Jesus so don't worry about pleasure now on earth.

Pray for your president, your rules, your leaders, pastors, etc. Pray!

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Chad said:
"...Life is short. Use your freedom and time wisely for GOD's glory and not your own. He has something better in the afterlife with Jesus...Pray!

Chad:

A M E N !

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
NIV

Heb 13:17-18
17 Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Mike

Amen brother Mike and Chad...as long as our leaders are not leading us astray,then yes Obey them. Also pray for them, Christ is the head of the Church, and we obey him... this is how the New World will be run. For Jesus Christ will rule it with a Rod of Iron, and the saints or the ones that overcome, will have power over the nations.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

God bless

Soldier of God said:
I will pray for all to do Gods will. Making the best desicion as the spirit leads for the advancement of Gods Word here at Talk Jesus. Thank you Jesus for giving all this reason, and all of us hope. God Bless.
I think this is the most most balanced reply i have seen.I have, and will continue to pray for Chad and what he is trying to do here.Chad and myself have had a few run-ins(so to speak)but as a mature christian put these things behind him and moved on.He doesnt bann "at the drop of a hat"but often shows great self-control and from what i can see banns people as a last resort.I dont think the current thread on what people "think"on banning is particularly helpful or healthy,talkjesus is a theocracy not a democracy.

The constant use of the word leader and authority is starting to bother me.Its giving completely the wrong connotation,these are positions of servitude and not power.I have never visited a church yet where the presiding minister needs to remind everybody of his obligations and his position.If somebody is either unruly or outwardly aggresive then simply bann them-there is no need for justification or explanation.People like this would not be tolerated in a literal church nor the congrgation privvy as to why perhaps they are no longer welcome there.

Chad i continue to pray that you see your vision of talkjesus fulfilled and that you always walk closely with god in the decisions you make.

[ Quote From Sparky ][ I don't think the current thread on what people "think"on banning is particularly helpful or healthy,talkjesus is a theocracy not a democracy. ]

I agree with your post Sparky , accept this part . Remember where this explaining came from ? I think you of all members should cast your open vote and opinions on the what would you do thread in the polls forum . Thats where you should state your views about how to deal with the daily issues at talkjesus , not here . Please respond to the poll and tells us your thoughts .

[Quote from Sparky ] [ The constant use of the word leader and authority is starting to bother me. ] Don't get bothered Sparky . Take you own advice and just leave ! You don't have to tell us how bothered you are ! See what we have to deal with ? Mike

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that

I am very glad you posted this! Continue in your blessing. :boy_hug:

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
Pray For Those In Authority

1 TIMOTHY 2:1-2 NASB
1 - First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers,
petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,
2 -for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may
lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

Believers have a responsibility to pray for their leaders.

If you are part of a fellowship where you have the resposibility
to pray for your leaders, then you need to take that responsibility
seriously, be informed and pray as the Lord directs you.

Don't allow yourself to be swayed by the emotional tactics used
by satans campaigns, or pray based on your selfish
interests. Pray as you believe the Lord would have you to pray.
Pray for godly leadership , instead of bickering with them !

But don't stop there . Pray for all authority figures , especially
those whose decisions affect many people's lives.

PROVERBS 29:2 LB
2 - With good men in authority, the people rejoice; but with the
wicked in power, they groan.

Father, I pray for godly leaders and all authority's, and
for your blessing on them. This is Gods order in all thing's !

For those who need more understanding in this area . Please
read two books called [ Undercover , and The Bait Of Satan ]
written by John Bevere . Mike