Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

pray for my gay son to leave his life of the sin

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by evan, Sep 2, 2012.

1. #1 evan, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Dear precious brothers and sister in the kingdom of God. I love Jesus soo much he is my love and my savior. Please pray for my son, so dear to my heart. He gave is life to Jesus 3 years ago. He is 20 years old. He turned to homosexuality shortly after he prayed the prayer of salvation with my 80 year old Christian mother when he was 17 years old. A few days ago my son said he was coming home from College to visit us, his parents, I'm his mom. The first day he was home the Lord told me he was going to come back to Jesus and leave his life of homosexual sin. The next two days my mom called and said she wants to have my son over to see the "Lazarus Phenomenon Movie "with her. My son has been avoiding my mom the last 3 years since he has fallen away from Jesus. My precious mother has been experiencing spiritual attacks lately because she is showing this powerful evangelical movie to her grandchildren one by one.Dad died 8 years ago, she is living alone This awesome movie can be seen in full length free online. Pray that the Lord protects my mom from spiritual attacks as she attempts to bring my 4 backslidden young adult children back in the fold. Pray that my son comes back to Jesus and leaves his sin of homosexuality. His salvation would be an effective testimony to a large unsaved libral extendeded family who have encouraged my son in his homosexuality, these family members have never accepted Jesus in their own personal lives they also need salvation. My son's new salvation would also be a testimony to my three adult daughters who are living in sin. I am a happy person, but lately I have been experiencing crying spells over my children's years of return to sin and uncertainty over their eternal security.
    God Bless you and thank you for your prayers.

2. #2 Boanerges, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    I pray restoration and freedom for your brother and God's peace for your family my friend.
    Your brother's vacillation can be seen as one slipping into darkness but then one can also see by his actions God is drawing him to the light. Your brother is under the conviction of the Holy Spirit and I believe God will bring him home.

3. Pray for your son

Praying that Your son would find the truest love there is, not in any man, but in the only good man Jesus Christ, for only He deserves our love and trust, to Love Him more than any other thing or person.

4. May God's mercy be upon your son in his present difficulties. I am praying for him as well as for you and the rest of your natural family.

5. Heavenly Father I bring this family before you today. I pray dear Lord that Satan will be defeated and the trauma he brings
    will be stopped.....in Jesus Name.

Lord Jesus break the bondage holding this young man, let Him know your power........In Jesus Name I pray.

6. Do not worry

God is in control and always will be. I and my sister have both struggled with this problem but God rescued us both from that bottomless pit. I struggled for months as i knew it was wrong but carried on and felt distant from God (maybe your son wants to return to God but he may feel away and possibly ashamed deep down). Whereas my sister said she was gay and my mother cried but I prayed to our mighty father to deliver her and he heard my pleas and my sister was loosed from that sin also.

thank you Jesus.

God is in control and do not fear:

So do not fear, for I am with you:
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Isaiah 41:10

7. Thank you for your words of encouragement, it is very helpful.