• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Power over us...?

Does the devil and his hoards have power over humanity, Christians? The question was posed to me regaurding the notion that Satan has no power over us and is under our feet sort of speak, but yet this passage claims that a woman (witch) raised the spirit of Samuel. Did she? If so, how does she have the power over a man of God? The verses...(1Samuel 28:11-15)

11Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel.

12And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul.

13And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.

14And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself.

15And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

God bless,
Nigh

BTW:These are not my thoughts or questions, but a friends, and I could not answer him properly.

Last edited:
Interesting subject,

There is actually alot of debate/discussion over that.

For instance, God allowed it to reinforce His disapproval and that He(God) was indeed no longer with him because of his lack of obedience and such.

Another theory is that it was not Samuel but a demon,

I truly do not know, but these are just two of the theories out there.

Peace be with you,
John

Thank you brother, for all three of your replies to my threads.
God bless you,
Nigh

Back in the Garden....God gave all authority to man over the earth....then when Adam fell....all that authority went to Satan by default.....then when Jesus came....he took back that authority by dying in our place....now we have that authority back in Christ.....the only way satan can gain authority over a human is that human has to let him.....there is power and authority in the name of Christ....all things must bow to that name......in Heaven....in the earth....under the earth...and any other placye you can think of.....we christians need to weild that authority that Jesus died to give us.......For Jesus said that YOU will do greater things than I.....well He raised the dead....He healed the sick...He fed the multitudes......and He said we will do greater things.......AMEN