• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Positive confession?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Positive confession?

As a Christian can we speak positive words out of out mouth that can give us the things we are saying? Absolutely not!!! No amount of positive confession can cause the things we say to come to pass in our lives unless we know for sure God says so in his Word!! Why? Because faith is how we acquire them, and faith only comes from the Word of God!!

Saying God is going to do something good for you will not cause God to do something good for you. The reason why, is that the Lord God has already done something good for his Church, and he did that in the beginning. If we want to experience these things in this life that the Lord has already given to us from the beginning, then we need to find out what those things are. As it is written in 2 Peter chapter 1:3

2Pe 1:3 For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). (AMP)

All these things are past tense, not future tense!! I am not trying to con God to give me anything, I am simply asking him for the things he has already given me, and thanking him for them. These things that the Word of God says I already have is where I get my faith from!!! How can we ask in faith if we do not know what the Word of God says we have, which is where our faith comes from? You can not!!! It would be just wishful thinking, as a positive confession never causes anything to happen. The only thing it produces is we get all upset with the Lord, when can not figure out why the Lord is not answering us.

There are many Church's today who have thousands of people in their congregation who preach and teach this kind of message, and you never hear the Word of God being spoken out of their mouth confirming what they are saying to be true. Where is the Church receiving faith from if the Word of God is never spoken, or if the name of Jesus Christ which is the only name given under Heaven where by men can be saved if he is never mentioned?

A feel good Gospel is not the Gospel the Bible describes in the Holy scriptures. Confessing God is going to do something special for you does nothing at all, but what does work is confessing the Word of God out of our mouth,s from a heart full of faith, that came from the Word of God!!!.

Loyal
Positive confession?

As a Christian can we speak positive words out of out mouth that can give us the things we are saying? Absolutely not!!! No amount of positive confession can cause the things we say to come to pass in our lives unless we know for sure God says so in his Word!! Why? Because faith is how we acquire them, and faith only comes from the Word of God!!

Saying God is going to do something good for you will not cause God to do something good for you. The reason why, is that the Lord God has already done something good for his Church, and he did that in the beginning. If we want to experience these things in this life that the Lord has already given to us from the beginning, then we need to find out what those things are. As it is written in 2 Peter chapter 1:3

2Pe 1:3 For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). (AMP)

All these things are past tense, not future tense!! I am not trying to con God to give me anything, I am simply asking him for the things he has already given me, and thanking him for them. These things that the Word of God says I already have is where I get my faith from!!! How can we ask in faith if we do not know what the Word of God says we have, which is where our faith comes from? You can not!!! It would be just wishful thinking, as a positive confession never causes anything to happen. The only thing it produces is we get all upset with the Lord, when can not figure out why the Lord is not answering us.

There are many Church's today who have thousands of people in their congregation who preach and teach this kind of message, and you never hear the Word of God being spoken out of their mouth confirming what they are saying to be true. Where is the Church receiving faith from if the Word of God is never spoken, or if the name of Jesus Christ which is the only name given under Heaven where by men can be saved if he is never mentioned?

A feel good Gospel is not the Gospel the Bible describes in the Holy scriptures. Confessing God is going to do something special for you does nothing at all, but what does work is confessing the Word of God out of our mouth,s from a heart full of faith, that came from the Word of God!!!.
To clarify...You are saying that to say, for example, "God is going to heal me" won't work.
Whereas to say something like..."1 Petey 2:24 says that by Jesus stripes I was healed. I stand on that, and I command my body to line up with Gods Word, and to be healed" is effective?

Loyal
To clarify...You are saying that to say, for example, "God is going to heal me" won't work.
Whereas to say something like..."1 Petey 2:24 says that by Jesus stripes I was healed. I stand on that, and I command my body to line up with Gods Word, and to be healed" is effective?
Absolutely. God is going to heal me means at sometime in the future where as "by his stripes I WAS healed", means it is past tense.
I always speak the Word of God, and not some form of it. As it written, "if any man speak, let him speak the very words of God...." (1 Peter 4:11)

Faith comes from, and is in the Word of God, not our interpretation of it.

Loyal
Absolutely. God is going to heal me means at sometime in the future where as "by his stripes I WAS healed", means it is past tense.
I always speak the Word of God, and not some form of it. As it written, "if any man speak, let him speak the very words of God...." (1 Peter 4:11)

Faith comes from, and is in the Word of God, not our interpretation of it.
LOL And you just know that I agree with you.