• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Population and the Age of The Earth

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:9)

Loyal Member
So we could say that they evolved from a simpler and less complicated version with fewer parts.
Well, I have to agree with that....With more toys built into those cars I would say they've become far more complicated. They now have cars that drive themselves for people who seem to be not intelligent enough to be behind the wheel, people who cannot concentrate on where they are going long enough to get there.....Loaded with toys for idiots.
So, yes! Evolution is real...Even in the world of the living there is evolution....Micro evolution but there has never been any macro evolution. No species of any living thing has ever evolved from another thing....But new species have come into being from the interbreeding of things. My dog, for example...God did not make a Chesapeake Bay retriever....They came about by crossing a couple of other types of dog....But a dog reproduces and gives birth to a dog....Elephants do not produce hummingbirds, simians do not produce humans etc.

Well, I have to agree with that....With more toys built into those cars I would say they've become far more complicated. They now have cars that drive themselves for people who seem to be not intelligent enough to be behind the wheel, people who cannot concentrate on where they are going long enough to get there.....Loaded with toys for idiots.
So, yes! Evolution is real...Even in the world of the living there is evolution....Micro evolution but there has never been any macro evolution. No species of any living thing has ever evolved from another thing....But new species have come into being from the interbreeding of things. My dog, for example...God did not make a Chesapeake Bay retriever....They came about by crossing a couple of other types of dog....But a dog reproduces and gives birth to a dog....Elephants do not produce hummingbirds, simians do not produce humans etc.
Elephants do not produce hummingbirds.

Airliners do not produce nuclear submarines.

Both stem from moving chunks of stone for building temples or pyramids to heathen gods. Prepared tree trunks were laid in two rows, across them were prepared rollers onto which the stone was heaved. As it was rolled, rollers were carried from behind and placed in front, as were the two rows of timber.

From these rollers, someone developed the wheel. Then the wheel barrow. Then the more stable two wheeled cart. Then the horse pulled two wheeled cart. Then by using a wheel as a turntable, the four wheel horse pulled cart. Then stoned roads so that the wheels didn't sink in.

Mean while, someone else realised that floating prepared tree trunks down the Nile could be better managed if they were roped together. which made a platform on which something could be carried, and if this was large and light, that the wind diverged its course.

For four thousand years, transporting stuff was done by horse drawn carts or sailing ships, until from no where, God created steam power.

Among others, Isambard Brunel used steam to power a piston in a cylinder and move ships head-on into the wind and railway locomotives up hills.

Etienne Lenoir used gas and a spark to power a piston in a cylinder. Nikolaus Otto used petrol and a spark to power a piston in a cylinder. Rudolf Diesel used light oil without a spark to power a piston in a cylinder. All these have been used to power carts on roads or rails and ships.

Cornelius Drebbel realised that a ship that could be hidden under water would be useful in war, as the Germans, by using a diesel engine, proved in the First World War.

Samuel Cody realised that on a windy day, a large Kite could lift a man, which would be useful for observation in war, but a balloon could be used for several observers with out wind.

Thanks to the Wright brothers, Cody was able to pilot and observe on windless days over a much larger area than from a balloon. Even better if he took a photographer as a passenger.

Elephants do not produce Hummingbirds, but both have 2 eyes, 2 ears a head, a body, a mouth and a tail. The bones in the 5 toes of the elephant are the the same number are those in a bird's wing or a Bat's.

We believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. A tripod is very stable, but creation has never produced a 3 legged animal. Every where it is just the same old 4 legs ... like the Dinosaus.

Last edited:
Yep - from wiki

"Within the modern synthesis of the early 20th century, macroevolution is thought of as the compounded effects of microevolution.[9] Thus, the distinction between micro- and macroevolution is not a fundamental one – the only difference between them is of time and scale. As Ernst W. Mayr observes, "transspecific evolution is nothing but an extrapolation and magnification of the events that take place within populations and species...it is misleading to make a distinction between the causes of micro- and macroevolution".[9] However, time is not a necessary distinguishing factor – macroevolution can happen without gradual compounding of small changes; whole-genome duplication can result in speciation occurring over a single generation – this is especially common in plants.[10] Changes in the genes regulating development have also been proposed as being important in producing speciation through large and relatively sudden changes in animals' morphology.[11][12]"

Loyal Member
Yep - from wiki

"Within the modern synthesis of the early 20th century, macroevolution is thought of as the compounded effects of microevolution.[9] Thus, the distinction between micro- and macroevolution is not a fundamental one – the only difference between them is of time and scale. As Ernst W. Mayr observes, "transspecific evolution is nothing but an extrapolation and magnification of the events that take place within populations and species...it is misleading to make a distinction between the causes of micro- and macroevolution".[9] However, time is not a necessary distinguishing factor – macroevolution can happen without gradual compounding of small changes; whole-genome duplication can result in speciation occurring over a single generation – this is especially common in plants.[10] Changes in the genes regulating development have also been proposed as being important in producing speciation through large and relatively sudden changes in animals' morphology.[11][12]"
Hmmmm scientists! They are not atheists because they are scientists...They are scientists because they are atheists....They live in a world of fiction and irrationality

You d

Modern man (homo sapiens) has NOT been on earth for millions of years the objective evidence points at approx 300 000 years ago. And DNA evidence ditches the belief that we came from only two individuals six thousand years ago. Plus this same evidence places the Genesis WWF in the myth category. The genetic bottleneck is too tight for all six billions humans to have come from eight people from the same family. People would be deformed and some would have three legs, one eye and no ears. I live in a nature reserve and we have to constantly bring in new blood otherwise our animals become inbred.
Not so. Bad "scientific" conclusions. Modern geneticists are coming around, submitting to the bounds of human genetics. Eve was found genetically.

I have yet to witness my old Lincoln Log set morph into a super hero. It has never been demonstrated that a bacterium evolved into a human eyeball without a pre-existing set of complicated support systems to incorporate that organ. The sheer number of enzymes, amino acid chains, and other life systems that had to pre-exist randomly to advance to more sophisticated systems makes it totally impossible for any improvement in any life form to have happened. Evolution has one choice, that all life yet remains very remotely a single cell organism with no purpose, no job, no future destiny that amounts to any productive purpose, with no reason to sustain it.

Hmmmm scientists! They are not atheists because they are scientists...They are scientists because they are atheists....They live in a world of fiction and irrationality
I chose to enter the world of science. I had to go through 215 semester hours of college to just enter a science career. It took another 22 credits to reach my goal. Employers paid for that. The early half of that putsuit happened while I was yet unsaved, but believing I was saved by being water baptiszed at age 12. I was never an atheist. I was ignorant of Christ.

Many scientists are trapped into an unbelieving world scenario. Some have written textbook articles, others textbooks, and many book authors, enjoying the income and honoraries of all that. It's hard to abandon the security in that system. But when employed "out there", away from the influences of academia, some have their eyes opened. There is no longer a professor interpreting what your eyes see. So, some return to the God of their youth, putting it all togehter correctly. They are castigated as "Creationists", and denied a voice among the "elite", still held as apostates from the world of academia.

ICR.org is where you can be well educated in the truth. That's the best one on my list. I am not going to rehash Creation V. Evolution again, having spent countless hours facing off with demonic skeptics bent on wearing down Christians with lies upon lies. Peter nailed it by calling the skeptics "willingly ignorant". No more.

Just read the very interesting ICR article by Tim Clarey about the U-Pb dating in the Morrison Formation, but I wish that ICR had included the actual dates revealed by the U-Pb dating as well as alluding to the date of the more recent Noah's flood.