• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Population and the Age of The Earth

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hello,

You wrote: "The Bible-believing Christian says about six thousand. "

My response: You are most assuredly incorrect. Old-earth creationism (just google it!) has been around for a LONG time, as an alternative theological option for conservative Bible-believing Christians. As an example, check out Reasons to Believe, Dr. Hugh Ross. His ministry has promoted conservative Evangelical Bible-affirming old-earth creationism for decades.

blessings...
Dr Hugh Ross is more credible than YEC like Kent Hovin. I watched him serve Kent his head on a platter over the constancy of the speed of light.

Where has evolution theory been right? When has the bible ever been wrong? Which one would you rather believe...The one always right? Or the one always wrong? So according to the Word, which is always right, man has been on the Earth for about six thousand years.
I do like your 'calculations' on population growth. It makes the evolutionist theories a joke..and we all need a laugh once in a while.
Are motor cars today like they were a hundred years ago?

Loyal
Which would mean we are now in the seventh day - the millennium. Something wrong with those figures because we are not in the millennium - are we?
Victor....Are you using the"One day as a thousand years" thing? If so you are not understanding the thing at all....One day, to an eternal God is no different from a thousand years, and a thousand years is no different than one day. Time does not exist...for an eternal being like our God

Victor....Are you using the"One day as a thousand years" thing? If so you are not understanding the thing at all....One day, to an eternal God is no different from a thousand years, and a thousand years is no different than one day. Time does not exist...for an eternal being like our God
yep - he is outside time and space yet it is believed that he is able to interact within time and space.

Loyal
yep - he is outside time and space yet it is believed that he is able to interact within time and space.
Of course He can interact inside time space. He created it....So where do you come up with "if we're in the seventh day, we're in the millennium? Just trying to understand where you're coming from

Loyal
6000 years is based on some assumptions which others do not accept.

For example, there may be gaps in the genealogies.

And, when accounting for gaps, the time of Adam might go back thousands of years earlier than "6000 years ago".
Sir....Have you read the genealogies yet?

Of course He can interact inside time space. He created it....So where do you come up with "if we're in the seventh day, we're in the millennium? Just trying to understand where you're coming from
Yes and nope -Not the Millennium Rule of Christ on earth. He has not come back again. Has he?

Staff Member
Take a listen. Two men of God, Two brilliant minds.
Jack Langford: Lucifer and the Ancient Earth

It would be good if you listened to the entire clip before you start to think of an argument. LOL 28 minutes
Thanks for sharing brother.
Good listening.
By the way have you read the book "The Gap is not a Theory"?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Thanks for sharing brother.
Good listening.
By the way have you read the book "The Gap is not a Theory"?

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
Nick...I have a vast library which I'm sure is worth more than my house. I'm also sure that the book is in here somewhere under a stack of books waiting for me to get to it. Fascinating subject....I wish the churches would teach it. Most, unfortunately, prefer pablum to meat.

I do believe in the Big Bang though....My Big Gods spoke it, and Bang! There it is!

Of course He can interact inside time space. He created it
Yep - but just think about it. How can an entity that is outside time and space operate in time and space and out of it at the same time. God must then be in and out and every where else if there is a everywhere else, like we know he sits on His throne in heaven etc.

So could we say that cars have evolved?

Yes, cars have evolved ... through selection.

One once had a roof; now they all do, but the unroofed ones still hang on as sports cars, however all cars now have wind screen wipers, and all the ones without wipers have died out.

The electric starter has become dominant and the starting handle has evolved into the jack handle.

The turbine never got beyond the experimental stage.

Diesel and petrol are coexisting, but will soon die out because electric will be selected instead.

None of these cars were created, they all evolved from the charriot in which Pharoh chased Moses accross the red sea.