• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Pope Endorses Civil Unions for Same Sex Couples

Staff Member
The subject speaks for itself. You can add this as another sign of the times that we are in.
Lord come quickly.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal
His endorsing it certainly does Not make it right. God's Word stands -- the pope is merely a man.

Active
His endorsing it certainly does Not make it right. God's Word stands -- the pope is merely a man.

Note, though, that Bergoglio DID NOT endorse Homosexual "MARRIAGE" which is quite a different thing than a "Civil Union" which essentially grants the same LEGAL/ECONOMIC/ACCESS/PROPERTY benefits that a Marriage does, but is NOT a Marriage.

MARRIAGE, is a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING spiritually - i.e. They two, in the sight of GOD, becoming "One Flesh".

I'm no "Fan" of Bergoglio, OR the "Holy Roman Catholic Church Corp." BUT but he did get this one right. Homosexual unions granting legal rights in the U.S. already existed, but the Homosexuals weren't satisfied, until they could "Marry" in the church as though it was acceptable to God, even though such a thing was, Is, and always will be impossible Biblically.

Loyal
There is no such thing as 'homosexual 'marriage' -- 'civil union' is also 'society' and Not God's Marriage.

Hmm - we're saying the same thing.

Loyal
Note, though, that Bergoglio DID NOT endorse Homosexual "MARRIAGE" which is quite a different thing than a "Civil Union" which essentially grants the same LEGAL/ECONOMIC/ACCESS/PROPERTY benefits that a Marriage does, but is NOT a Marriage.

MARRIAGE, is a WHOLE DIFFERENT THING spiritually - i.e. They two, in the sight of GOD, becoming "One Flesh".

I'm no "Fan" of Bergoglio, OR the "Holy Roman Catholic Church Corp." BUT but he did get this one right. Homosexual unions granting legal rights in the U.S. already existed, but the Homosexuals weren't satisfied, until they could "Marry" in the church as though it was acceptable to God, even though such a thing was, Is, and always will be impossible Biblically.
I got news for all The Law of God has nothing to do with Marriage papers, you can have all the marriage papers you want! You will not break God's law with PAPER! you can even have a ceremony, that will not break any law of God! or get you in trouble with GOD. But you better not cross that creek! And saying you slip, that dog won't hunt! with GOD! "Keep thy servant from presumptuous sins" and let them not have dominion over me"

Same sex marriages does not condemn a person with God, but taking God for A fool will. "Do not put your Lord God to the test" "If you play around with fire you will get burnt", It is not worth it," life is to short to play around with eternity" for just crossing a narrow creek. "the wages of sin is death" the paycheck for "Homosexual Connect" is death. The wrath of God" has no limit, He can drop His wrath on you for a million years and still not kill you! and not give you one oz of mercy and shed not one tear.

Loyal
PloughBoy -- Marriage was created by God. Civilization has changed over the centuries. There are now marriage licenses that are obtained in order to get married Legally. Laws against bigamy. Marriage is Meant to be a sacred union between the man and woman and to last their lifetime.

Same-sex relationships are Against God's plan -- and God's plan Is the Best plan.

And God Wants us to obey the laws of the land. When Societies' laws go against God's Word, Then we have a choice to make.

Loyal

What does a "civil union" legally give two people of the same sex, that they can't get legally without?

Active
What does a "civil union" legally give two people of the same sex, that they can't get legally without?
Accessabiliy, signing right, Distribution of community property rights, Visitation rights, All the stuff the MARRIED couple take for granted (note: A MARRIAGE between a man and a woman is ALSO a "CIvil Contract" which what a "Wdiing is all about - a "Contract signing between a MAN and a WOMAN with Witnesses".

Active
Accessabiliy, signing right, Distribution of community property rights, Visitation rights, Child responsibilities, All the stuff the MARRIED couple take for granted (note: A MARRIAGE between a man and a woman is ALSO a "CIvil Contract" which what a "Wdiing is all about - a "Contract signing between a MAN and a WOMAN with Witnesses".