• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Pockets

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
Pockets - February 21, 2006

"See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:16

While visiting a friend in Vermont this past summer, she gifted me with a cool present: a green and white sweatshirt with "Ireland" printed on the front. And it had pockets; two of them!

I love pockets, and I'd never seen them in sweatshirts before. When clothes shopping, I think twice about purchasing pants that have no pockets. I like aprons with pockets, and terry cloth bathrobes that have roomy pockets. They are so handy for everything. There is always something that can be put in the pockets.

When one of our sons was young, he had a miniature hamster. He would carry the hampster around in his shirt pocket and it was the cutest thing to see Butterball's tiny little nose and twitching whiskers peeking over the top.

Sometimes I take our grandkids on treasure hunt walks. All the interesting and cool things we find, like rocks or snail shells, go into our pockets.

An old white bunny with red eyes lives on the chair in my bedroom. She has floppy pink satin-lined ears, and behind her clasped front paws is a secret pocket. Over the years it has held many different items, all carefully hidden there.

The bible says that we are carried around in the palm of God's hand. I like to think we're in His pocket; the one that's real close to His heart.

Yes, pockets can indeed hold priceless treasures.

Contributed by Sally I. Kennedy: [email protected] Sally is the author of "52 Little Parables from Ireland" Creation House Press.

Love it...

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed what you shared from your heart, thank you all the way from new Zealand, il be sure to share. Thank you Lord!