Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

please pray for my pastor

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by fightngwrmwood, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Hi all,

My pastor is a diabetic and has no feeling on the bottom of his feet. When his wife was out of town, he stepped on something - didn't feel it and his foot got infected. A few weeks have passed and he is now in the ICU after bypass surgery and will have to undergo more surgeries. The bypass was successful, but now they are waiting to see if the blood will circulate through the foot.

My church is lifting him up in prayer and I just want to get as many people praying for him as possible.

Thanks,
    fightingwormwood

2. Father, I lift this servant of yours before your throne now. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords and nothing is impossible with You. Be with him as he lies in his hospital bed, and Father I ask for complete healing in the name of Jesus. Be with his wife and family circle at this time, draw them all close to you. In the precious Name of Jesus. Amen.

3. My God bless and take care of you pastor. Remeber He will watch over us and lift us when we are weary. I will be praying.
    Love,
    your sis in christ, Julie.

4. Thank you sisters.

The latest update from our church administrator was:
    The wound in his foot is still infected and is not showing signs of healing; therefore they will go back in to remove more of the infected tissue.  Please, throughout this afternoon (the exact time of the surgery is not known), be covering our pastor and his family in prayer.  The infection needs to be contained and stopped so it does not spread further.  Let’s pray to that end.

Keep praying with me! God bless you,
    fww

5. FWW...how did the surgery go?! I will be praying for quick healing!

God bless you, your pastor and his fam!

6. I will keep him in my prayers.

Your sister in Christ,
    AlabasterBox:girl_hug:

:rainbow:

7. I will pray for the pastor and his family. God willing the infection will heal and not spread.
    Love,
    your sis in Christ, Julie.:love:

8. Hi all,

Thank you so much for praying for him. Keep praying! The latest update is that the doctor is still not convinced that the foot is healing, but they have not decided to amputate his foot at this time. We are still waiting to hear more.

I guess he has been chatting with the doctor, who believes in God but does not have a personal relationship with Jesus. So our pastor wants us praying for his doctor too.

Lord, work a miracle and may it provide a powerful testimony for Your glory and Your kingdom.

In Jesus' name
    Amen

9. Amen. Praise God for this chance to witness to the doctor.

10. Oh God please heal that pastor. Please pour out your Grace and mercy and please help him. We know that all things are possible thru. you and the power of the Holy Spirit, so in the Mighty name of Jesus let Him be made whole to serve you fully and to bring Glory to your name.Surely you would want the best for him and you have his very best interests at heart.Help those around him to know how to pray for him and to push right through for breakthrough. Amen

11. #11 kindsfater, Feb 24, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
    Your Word is TRUTH!

Lord, we take You at Your word! Awesome God, we pray Your word back to You regarding the healing of fww's pastor and salvation for the pastor's doc. We thank You Lord for the promises found in Your word regarding healing... both physical and spiritual!

"See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand." Deut. 32:39

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalm 30:2

Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.. Psalm 107:19-20

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:3

Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. Malachi 4:2

News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them. Matthew 4:24

When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering." Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him." The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour. Matthew 8:5-8, 10, 13

Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. Matthew 9:20-22

Especially for the pastor's doc, Lord, we know from Your Word that You came for his spiritual healing as well!!!!

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." Matthew
    9:11-12

We believe and we PRAISE YOU LORD!!! AMEN!

12. Lifting your pastor, you, and loved ones up in prayer.

Praise God for the loving support from friends and family, and the desire to witness to the doctor!

13. God bless everyone! Thank you so much for these heartfelt prayers. Here is the latest.

My church is setting up a pager system so that we can page him so he knows he is being prayed for while we pray in addition to the already set up email that his wife is reading prayers off of to him. I praise God that this ministry is expanding and..

the infection appears to have stopped spreading!

Our church leader writes:
     "For now the surgery [of partial amputation of his foot] will be postponed; His doctor wants to have a consolation with the vascular surgeon (who is out of town).  If after the consultation they decide to proceed with the amputation, that will most likely happen early next week.  For now, it seems as if the infection is under control.  There are no visible signs of infection in the wound, so for now, no fear of it spreading.  This obviously is good news. 

"He will remain in the hospital until they make a decision about the impending surgery."

So I just ask you to keep on praying brothers and sisters and as soon as I hear more, I will post it.

Lord Jesus work a miracle while the doctors are consulting grant Your spirit continues to heal him and amputation is not necessary. Restore his foot and encourage he and his family by Your Spirit and through Your annointing on Your church. Lord God grant those doctors wisdom and discerment and grant Your will be done.

In Jesus' name
    Amen

If you want to send a word of encouragement or a note of prayer to Phil or his family, you may do that by sending it to: creativearts@fbcsf.org.  

14. Hi all,

We won't know until Monday (tomorrow) whether or not my pastor's foot needs to be amputated. So please, keep praying.

Here is the scripture that has been on his heart:

Habakkuk 3:17-19

"(for the fig tree is not to blossom,
    nor will the vines bear fruit,
    the olive crop will disappoint
    and the fields will yield no food;
    the sheep will vanish from the fold;
    no cattle in the stalls.)

But I shall rejoice in Yahweh,
    I shall exult in God my Savior.

Yahweh my Lord is my strength,
    he will make my feet as light as a doe's
    and set my steps on the heights."

He reports being in at a point of weakness unlike any place he has ever been. He is willing to allow God to reshape his feet, not so that he will move any faster, but just so that he may go higher.

Father God, I thank you for my pastor's precious heart and his faith in You. I thank you that he can see Your purpose in his trial.

Lord God, Abraham was willing to give Isaac to You, but You spared him. Father please, spare this man from having to lose his foot. I praise You for this place of weakness and now ask for Your supernatural provision. Do Your will, Lord, but I ask You consider my plea.

In Jesus' name,
    Amen

15. Good news!

My pastor has been released from the hospital!

The latest update is:
    He will be on an antibiotic IV for the next 5 to 6 weeks. Please pray that his foot will continue healing during this time and that it will be restored to full use.

Father God, I thank You for letting my pastor be well enough to go home! I thank You that he doesn't have to undergo any more surgeries. Grant that he continue to heal and that his foot and in agreement with my sister, grant that his foot is fully restored. Let his healing be a witness to Your healing power that tugs on his doctor's heart. Grant that he not only believes that You are, but that he can trust You and call on You and call You his Lord.

Especially bless my pastors family as he is now home. Grant him good rest and encourage them all through this. Grant that the unknown shifts into an assured recovery. Free them of any fear.

In Jesus' name,
    Amen

16. Amen sister. Praise the Lord for His healing so far to allow your pastor out of hospital.

17. Please continue to keep my pastor in prayer. He seemed to be healing and even preached the last two Sundays but then there was a problem with his toe last week. I found out this morning at church that he had surgery yesterday. They removed some of his toes and found another bad infection.

His wife got up near tears, but strong, and gave us a report, thanking us for our prayers and that even in the difficulty the Lord is giving her a peace unlike she has ever known before. She told us that when our pastor preached back in January about his vision for this church to reach San Francisco and how he wanted us radically devoted to the Lord, she knew the enemy would be upset. She went on to encourage us to keep praying and also love each other, not letting the enemy gain an inch.

Our elder asked for prayer for 3 things specifically, encouragement for my pastor, his wife, and their two children, that the infection would cease, and that they family would get good rest.

Thank you all for your prayers.
    -fww

18. I will pray for your pastor too.

19. I am joining with you in pray for your Pastor's healing.

20. joining here in prayer with you sister.

God bless you.