• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Please pray for me.

Hello All

I work at a University, and we have a chaplain here who is also the minister at the Church I've been occasionally visiting and where I am studying the Alpha course.

I've felt God getting closer since starting Alpha, and I went to Church on Sunday and really enjoyed the feeling of fellowship there. Knowing our minister is here at work on a Tuesday, I arranged to meet her. I've just come back from praying with her and taking a step of faith I've never done before. She told me to go out and tell others who could offer encouragement and support, and so here I am. Asking for prayers as a fledgling Christian, just starting out on what feels like a terribly exciting journey.

We also discussed being baptised in the not-too distant future.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Kate xx

Glory to God Kate! :girl_hug:

I must tell you one thing, in all the exciting times and challenges and whatever lies ahead for you, spend time alone with God as often as you can, this will be the source of your strength as you learn walk with Him.

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words and advice Coconut. I've even updated my profile now to add yesterday's date, and a Bible verse the minister felt she wanted to read to me - 1 Peter 1:3-9. I've read it quite a few times since yesterday and it brings me joy!

This is an amazing journey my friend
getting to know and love Jesus is about as exciting as it gets
I will pray for you and welcome to the family xxxxxxxxxxxx
God Bless