• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Please I just don’t know what to pray...

I have been dealing with my marriage in upheaval since I was told of his infidelity... I have been battling resentment, anger, bitterness and having to forgive over and over and over... I am so tired of the pain and the constant battle of battling the resentment and anger I am so tired and just done. I tired of parenting and just so tired of life... I know we are going to encounter suffering and we are supposed to hold onto Gods promises and look to the Holy Spirit to give us the the strength... I know this but I am just sooo tired of the battle.... I am so weary and just don’t know what to pray any more to the point where I can’t even pray. I just want it all to be done. I want to walk away from life and all the struggles and all the frustration and just fade into oblivion.

Staff Member
@Despondent

Greetings,

Yes, it can be brutally tough and 'out' seems like the best option.

Sometimes we get so hooked on how bad it is we all but forget how good God is and we forget to thank Him. Been there and done that enough times to know it is a place of wanting something that really, we don't want.
What we really want is sometimes those things that we can hardly utter, especially when we are feeling so crushed by it all.

may i strongly recommend that you go completely against how you are feeling and start not only looking at the lovingkindness of the LORD but to start giving thanks for everything in your life. Keep at it until you start to see the fact that the LORD can be exalted and He can change things in your life and circumstance. Get that joy of your salvation back again and let the Lord not only soothe you and comfort you also do wonderful things for you.

Remember the Lord.
We need to exalt Him, not the mountains we face.

Bless you ....><>

Wnl

My heart goes out to you, but in my experience I'm 74yrs old
and all the dung that has gone on in my life Jesus brought me
through, He caused me to smile again and lift my head in
adversity. Put your trust in the Lord He will never let you down.
(I know) and I am still here to be thankful in all circumstances.
I encourage to read Bears post over and over again, till you get it
With Sincere Love, Wnl

Staff Member
Greetings @Despondent

I've shared this a few times here and pray it blesses you

...we were pressed out of measure, above strength insomuch that we despaired even of life... (2 Corinthians 1:8)

Pressed out of measure and pressed to all length;
Pressed so intensely it seems, beyond strength;
Pressed in the body and pressed in the soul,
Pressed in the mind till the dark surges roll
Pressure by foes, and a pressure from friends.
Pressure on pressure, till life nearly ends

Pressed into knowing no helper but God;
Pressed into loving the staff and the rod.
Pressed into liberty where nothing clings;
Pressed into faith for impossible things.
Pressed into living a life in the Lord,
Pressed into living a Christ-life out poured

(From Streams in the Desert)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Active
Awww poor you Despondent, you must be and you sound absolutely devastated. The one person that you're even closer to than your parents is your spouse and as Jesus said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’ ? Matthew 19:5 NKJV So when that partner cheats, the effect on the unsuspecting party is going to be like a bullet wound.

You describe the hurt and attempts at forgiving as a battle. Can I please ask a totally inappropriate and insensitive question? Reflect on the last couple of years, and ask yourself, did I take my marriage for granted and could I have done better for my husband? If you can honestly say no I didn't and no I couldn't, then you had the misfortune of marrying a philanderer, and you're better off without him, and his bit on the side will soon find that out for herself. For you, move on and refocus your life on that other love of your life, Jesus.

If however your honest answer is maybe and maybe, I would ask that you give some consideration to the feasibility of reconciliation. Forgiveness would be a massive hurdle. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning infidelity, its wrong wrong wrong but if you can understand that maybe he was only 90% to blame, that could be a start. This is something you really really need to pray about, ask God what His will and plan is for you. If reconciliation really isn't feasible then move on and refocus your life on that other love of your life, Jesus.

I'd urge you not to wallow in righteous indignation but with the help of God, be strong and move on with or without your husband. Tell God how you feel and He may well remind you that even the best of us cheat on Him, the Old Testament is full of references to this. Ask for help in dealing with this because He's been there with each one of us. God can see and feel your hurt and because He loves you He wants to fix it and make it better for you. Forgiveness is important, be strong, be that first person to drop their stone and walk away; and then move on.

If you two do reconcile and I really hope that you do, and to anyone else married that's reading this I would urge you to work on your marriage every single day, especially in the bedroom - Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I Corinthians 7:5 NKJV. I'd go further, not just not denying but initiating. Tantalise your loved one, shower with him/her with love and affection, learn how to please - work on it.

===============================

Dear Lord God, I really feel for poor Despondent, she's obviously wept buckets about how awfully her husband has treated her and just abandoned her. Please please please God, work in her with your Holy Spirit and give her the wisdom to ignore her heart and knee jerk and instead to earnestly seek your will in her life. We know from past bitter experience that ignoring you and doing what we want doesn't usually end well.

Through your Holy Spirit, make her an absolute tower of strength to take charge of this awful situation and bring about a healing firstly in Despondent's wellbeing and subject to your will, maybe in their marriage. This is a pivotal moment in her life, and I pray God that she follows your will and way.

Long term God, I pray for a special blessing for her, happiness for her and not self-fulfilment but rather you-fulfilment.

Amen.