• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Please help

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
So I want to send a bible to freind, he is a very old freind of mind who I have not kept in contact with much at all. Recently was in the town he lives in and we had lunch. I love him and want him to know Jesus. He told me he is not ready to give his life to Jesus. He is wealthy, healthy and really has it going on as far as the standard of the world is concerned. But we all know that is empty. Me and him were old roommates and we basically lived to party and get women, to give you a idea of our history, hopefully to make selecting bible versus that might reach out to him and open his eyes, as I am sure he is still living like this. Make no mistake I am not judging him I love him and want him to know Christ , we all were away from Christ broken at one point and time in our life.

I asked him if I sent him a bible would he read it,he said no. Ok I said what if I outline some versus and mark the pages will you spend 10 minutes reading it he said yes.

I am asking you brothers and sisters to make suggestions with bible versus to outline for this freind of mine that may lead him to Christ. All suggestions appreciated.

God Bless and thanks

Active
@Dave,
John 6:27
Labour not for the meat/things which perishes, but for that meat/things which endures unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

God Bless... Love you Brother...

Staff Member
Greetings brother @Dave M

Sometimes a book that has a sound testimony of conversion to Christ can be very powerful. It may be more readily accepted than scripture and lead to a wish to look to the Bible.

Examples could be.....

The Cross and the Swith Blade
David Wilkerson

From Witchcraft to Christ
Doreen Irvine

By Searching
Isabel Kuhn

Forgive me Natasha (The Persecutor)
Sergei Kourdakof

Blessings grace and peace

Staff Member
Dear Brother Dave,
You might suggest he come here to Talk Jesus. Some here can be a bit on the rough side, but there are many who would love to share the love of the Lord with him, and the opportunity to share the Gospel.

Still, I love what you seek to do for this man and friend. Below is what I've put in a small one page handout which I place in each Bible I give to others. You might share your heartfelt testimony with this, since you do know him and he knew how you were. I'm sure in your meeting with him, that he saw the difference. Most people don't ever believe they're going to die, and even the subject of death is not one they contemplate on. Those who see themselves as being happy, and having it all are probably the most difficult to reach. Still, there are moments in the most partying and self-satisfied of peoples lives, that finality and purpose make their way to their mind. Wondering what I'm doing all this for? To what purpose? So, praying that the Holy Spirit will convict him, also pray over this Bible before marking and sending it off to him. That his eyes may be opened, heart moved, that he may see why Jesus died on the Cross for him, and even after all he has said and done, is still reaching out to him through you Dear Brother Dave.

I hope this helps, and know I'll be praying for him, and for your guidance brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Salvation

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:10

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13

"But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:4-5, 8-9

Grace: good will, loving-kindness, favor: of the merciful kindness by which God, exerting his holy influence upon souls, turns them to Christ, keeps, strengthens, increases them in Christian faith, knowledge, affection, and kindles them to the exercise of the Christian virtues

Faith: the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ

I pray that you might find this not as a chance occurrence but one of design. That God has chosen you to call at this very moment one of His Children through Christ Jesus. In his Holy Name I pray that. Amen.

Active
Dave, three things come to mind.

1. Speak the truth as it is. The truth will set one free. A person in the flesh will always resist it. There is no special way to deliver the truth, the truth is the truth. Accompanying it with chocolates, flowers and smiles is all meaningless. Example: A person in adultery. You must stop this else you going to hell, here is a flower. All the things we 'add' tarnish / distract from properly communicating the truth.

2. God places us with people He knows we can reach for Him. We are His ambassadors. So, if I had to visit your friend, me a complete stranger and tell him the truth as it is. It will be like seeds on a hard ground. But if you had to deliver the truth to him, he may reject it at first, but it will certainly reside with him, because of his trust in you as a caring and loving friend. It will not ever be seeds on a hard ground.

3. You have to muster up. You love God, you love your friend. You need to bring him the truth. You need to make it happen. Prov 27:6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.

I would of course, just catch up a bit more with him and try discern exactly where his heart is regarding God.

Good luck, praying for you both!!