• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Pick-and-Choose Reality Doesn’t Work

Staff Member
Now there was a man from the mountains of Ephraim, whose name [was] Micah. And he said to his mother, "The eleven hundred [shekels] of silver that were taken from you, and on which you put a curse, even saying it in my ears--here [is] the silver with me; I took it." And his mother said, "[May you be] blessed by the LORD, my son!" Judges 17:1-2 NKJV

The opening paragraphs of today’s Bible reading present a plethora of errors committed by a biblical illiterate, pseudo religious, and loosely governed people.

Judges 17 begins with massive theft against one’s own family and continues with a curse against the unknown thief, who fears that curse and confesses his deed. And that’s just the first verse and a half!

The next two and half verses continue with pious references to the Lord, blessings void of reality, corrupted parental nurturing, misdirected and wholly pagan religious actions, blatant and unabashed idolatry, syncretism of religious practices and beliefs, corruption of the arts (for idol making), wealth associated with God’s blessing, false repentance, pseudo forgiveness, and misguided vows and almsgiving.

Verses 5 and 6 show corrupted religion becomes a matter of personal preference and practice, with generation after generation affected by letting their conscience be their guide. Worst of all? They’re satisfied and content in the midst of all this wreckage!

Prayer: Lord, You want me to hold fast to what is true and abhor pick-and-choose reality. It’s no reality at all.