• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Philemon 15-16

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Philemon 15-16 King James Version (KJV)

15 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever;
16 Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Philemon 15-16 Good News Translation (GNT)

15 It may be that Onesimus was away from you for a short time so that you might have him back for all time. 16 And now he is not just a slave, but much more than a slave: he is a dear brother in Christ. How much he means to me! And how much more he will mean to you, both as a slave and as a brother in the Lord!

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15-16 Paul lets him know that his servant leaving was for the best because now he has changed and will never run again once he returns but Paul is asking that he not return just quiet yet because Paul needs his help. This is also a reference to him now being a believer and how they all would be in eternity together, this doesn’t mean he would still be a servant in heaven but means that he now was his brother and that bound wouldn’t ever be broken. They now would have a greater relationship; he would be a better servant now because he now served the Lord first as a fellow believer. He wasn’t free from being a servant now that he was come to Jesus but had more of us a reason to live for the role he was called into. We have more reason when we have Jesus because we are to live for Him.