• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Philemon 14

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Philemon 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.

Philemon 14 Good News Translation (GNT)

14 However, I do not want to force you to help me; rather, I would like for you to do it of your own free will. So I will not do anything unless you agree.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

Paul knows that being the master of the slave that he has to do what he says with the slave but Paul also knows he has influence and plans to use it. Paul doesn’t want to forced his hand or bribe him but for him to chose to do good. We don’t need to be tricked, God don’t want to fool us but have we chosen. We have freewill and it is better choose good then to just have to do good.

Active
Philemon 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But without thy mind would I do nothing; that thy benefit should not be as it were of necessity, but willingly.

Philemon 14 Good News Translation (GNT)

14 However, I do not want to force you to help me; rather, I would like for you to do it of your own free will. So I will not do anything unless you agree.

Good News Translation (GNT) Copyright © 1992 by American Bible Society

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

Paul knows that being the master of the slave that he has to do what he says with the slave but Paul also knows he has influence and plans to use it. Paul doesn’t want to forced his hand or bribe him but for him to chose to do good. We don’t need to be tricked, God don’t want to fool us but have we chosen. We have freewill and it is better choose good then to just have to do good.
Good call.
If we worship God for any reason besides our love for God, our worship is futile.

Active
God likes willing hearts.

Many people come to worship out of duty or maybe cos their family wants them to go or maybe even the church says for example you need to come and do morning tea. Well it's no good if you are forced to go. It's better not to do it at all then to do it grudgingly. Let someone else who loves to do it do that act of service. And you offer something else from your heart.

Yes people can be needy but we cannot fill every need, needs are met when someone fills them willingly. The best servants are...volunteers, not indentured slaves.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B-A-C Bible Discussions 1
C Bible Discussions 0
C Bible Discussions 2