• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Peter and the Holy Spirit

Loyal
Peter is probably one of my favorite characters in the Bible. He was known for being a bit of a screw-up.

Now Peter did some amazing things. He was the disciple that walked on water.
He was the first disciple to proclaim "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God!"

But he was also the disciple that denied Jesus three times in one day.
He was the disciple that cut off a man's ear and Jesus rebuked him for it.
He was the disciple that told Jesus not to get crucified.

After Jesus "died" Peter just went back to fishing. Oh well Jesus was a good guy, but He is dead now.
(John 21:1-7; )

but all of these things happened before Peter was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
But then Acts 2:1-13; happens. This changes Peter and everyone else who was there.
In fact Peter gets up and gives one of the all time great sermons ( my favorite next to the sermon on
the mount). ( Acts 2:14-41; ) and because of this sermon.. it says 3,000 people were added to the church.
(Acts 2:41; )

Now how did this happen? How did he go from being the guy who denied Jesus several times in one day,
to the guy who was able to preach to (at least) 3,000 people and change their lives?

The only thing that happened... was Acts 2. The baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 5:15; says people were brought before Peter.. and they were healed simply from his shadow falling
upon them. That is power!!

Now I personally believe Peter was saved upon his proclamation of who Jesus was. Matt 16:16-17;
But he hadn't received the Holy Spirit yet. When he did everything changed.

Now the Holy Spirit doesn't just give us power to prophesy and heal people. It gives us boldness, peace,
confidence ... and even a power over sin. A power to live differently.

Before I received the Holy Spirit, I believed in Jesus... but I really didn't live much differently from
most of the unsaved people I knew. I didn't even understand some of the things I was doing was
really sin. But the Holy Spirit changed that. I had a new understanding.

Jesus said when the Holy Spirit finally comes... he will convict the world of sin.
John 16:8; "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

Jesus also said the Holy Spirit will "teach us all things".
John 14:26; "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

I've seen posts here on TalkJesus where people say this thing isn't a sin, and that thing isn't a sin.
I can tell they don't have the Holy Spirit in them.

On the other hand, I've seen people call things sin, that sometimes weren't really sin.
I've heard it said, we don't even know all the sins we are committing. Perhaps not, but the Holy Spirit
does, and He convicts us if our hearts will listen.

If you are struggling with certain things, unsure about things, if you don't have a peace.
Could it be the Holy Spirit isn't covering you? If sin is conquering you and defeating you everyday,
could it be... you believe in Jesus but you were never baptized in the Holy Spirit?

(aren't they the same thing?) ... The Bible says no.
..to be continued...

Loyal
Don't we get baptized in the Holy Spirit simply by being a believer?

It never happened that way in the Bible. Of the six times it mentions people being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
They had ALL (every one of them) been believers for some period of time before receiving the Holy Spirit.

There were 120 people in the upper room. ( Acts 1:15; )
The disciples and Mary and other followers of Jesus were in this room. They had been following Jesus for 3 years.
They believed in Him. But they don't receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit until Acts 2. (Jesus already ascended
back up to heaven). This was the first time this had ever happened. Some people say, well after this we get the
Holy Spirit because we are believers.... well, it didn't happen that way for people after this time either.

Wasn't this just for the apostles or Jews? No.

There was a Gentile man named Cornelius. He was a believer.

Acts 10:1; Now there was a man at Caesarea named Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian cohort,
Acts 10:2; a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, and gave many alms to the Jewish people and prayed to God continually.
Acts 10:3; About the ninth hour of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in and said to him, "Cornelius!"
Acts 10:4; And fixing his gaze on him and being much alarmed, he said, "What is it, Lord?" And he said to him, "Your prayers and alms have ascended as a memorial before God.

but he doesn't get baptized in the Holy Spirit until....

Acts 10:44; While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message.
Acts 10:45; All the circumcised believers who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also.
Acts 10:46; For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God. Then Peter answered,
Acts 10:47; "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"
Acts 10:48; And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Even Gentiles received the power of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Another example....

Paul comes up upon 12 men in Ephesus. The Bible doesn't say they were Gentiles or Jews, but this was in Ephesus, not Israel.
These were disciples that had already been baptized in water. They were believers, but they didn't receive the Baptism of the
Holy Spirit yet.

Acts 19:1; It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples.
Acts 19:2; He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit."
Acts 19:3; And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."
Acts 19:4; Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus."
Acts 19:5; When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:6; And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
Acts 19:7; There were in all about twelve men.

.... still, another example.

The Samaritans.. and Simon the Sorcerer.

Acts 8:12; But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.
Acts 8:13; Even Simon himself believed; and after being baptized, he continued on with Philip, and as he observed signs and great miracles taking place, he was constantly amazed.
Acts 8:14; Now when the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent them Peter and John,
Acts 8:15; who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:16; For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Here again are some believers that had already been baptized in water. But Philip is praying for them, that they might receive
the Holy Spirit (verse 15)

Paul himself is an example of this.....
Of course Paul was formerly Saul, who persecuted Christians and the church. How did he go from this guy, to the guy
who wrote most of the new testament?

Saul of course gets saved on the road to Damascus.
Acts 9:4; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
Acts 9:5; And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" And He said, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting,
Acts 9:6; but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."
Acts 9:7; The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
Acts 9:8; Saul got up from the ground, and though his eyes were open, he could see nothing; and leading him by the hand, they brought him into Damascus.

Acts 9:9; And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

We see here he was in this condition for three days.
But he doesn't receive the Holy Spirit until...

Acts 9:17; So Ananias departed and entered the house, and after laying his hands on him said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road by which you were coming, has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Paul was another person that had the power of the Holy Spirit upon him. Even handkerchiefs from him could heal people!!

Act 19:12 so that handkerchiefs or aprons were even carried from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them and the evil spirits went out.

Note in every example above.. people had been believers for a given amount of time before receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said...
Mark 16:17; "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:18; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Are you doing these things? Why not? Have you been baptized in the Holy Spirit?
But aside from the power of these miracles.... do you have power and victory over sin in your life?
It seems some people are amazed when you tell them they can overcome sin.
I'm sure people were amazed that Holy Spirit can cause people to overcome sickness, blindness, disease, and even death in some cases.
It's the Holy Spirit that gives us power over demons. If you don't have the Holy Spirit, how can you even walk in the Spirit?
How can you pray in the Spirit? How can you act in the power of the Spirit?

Luke 24:49; "And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."
Acts 1:8; but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

Are you sure this wasn't just for the 12 apostles?

Acts 6:8; And Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people.

Cornelius wasn't an apostle. Stephen isn't called an apostle anywhere. Certainly not one of the 12.

Loyal
Eph 3:16; that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,
Eph 3:17; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

The Bible says we can have Jesus in our hearts. But the verse before this says.... "through His Spirit".

If we take away the verse numbers, it looks like.

to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts.

Sometimes we see the phrase "the Spirit of Christ"

1 Pet 1:11; seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Is the Spirit of Christ actually Jesus, or is it the Holy Spirit? I believe in the Trinity and all 3 are God. But yet Jesus
makes a distinction between Himself and the Holy Spirit.

In fact it is Jesus that send the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26; "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
John 15:26; "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,
John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Where is Jesus right now?

Heb 8:1; Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Heb 12:2; fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Rev 7:17; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes."

Acts 1:11; They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

John 16:7; "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

Jesus isn't here on the earth right now. He ascended back to heaven. He is seated on the throne next to the Father.
So who did Jesus send to us to be with us and empower us while He is in heaven?

In fact Jesus coming back.... some day... but that day hasn't happened yet. In the meantime, the Holy Spirit is here
available for you.

Loyal
It seems if you start a thread about sin, or temptation, or OSAS, or anything that's a hot button, dozens of people will
chime in a add their two cents. But whenever it comes to talking about the Holy Spirit, peoples eyes glaze over
and say "oh, that again". I'm of the opinion we were all being led by the Spirit, we wouldn't have all these differences.

It seems some Christians do everything they can to avoid talking about the Holy Spirit.

Acts 7:51; "You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.

Active
It seems if you start a thread about sin, or temptation, or OSAS, or anything that's a hot button, dozens of people
will
chime in a add their two cents. But whenever it comes to talking about the Holy Spirit, peoples eyes glaze over
and say "oh, that again". I'm of the opinion we were all being led by the Spirit, we wouldn't have all these differences.

It seems some Christians do everything they can to avoid talking about the Holy Spirit.

Acts 7:51; "You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did.
Hi, B-A-C.
It seems like with all the "topics" available to discuss, the Holy Ghost is way down the list.
It is the proof of our "turn from" sin, so those who have yet to make that turn really are in no position to write about it.
But then again, they are in no position to write about anything of the Lord. And that doesn't stop them...
Oh well...providing God gives them the time to "turn", perhaps it will only be a matter of days or weeks before they really do subject themselves to God.
Keep praying for their conversion, and protection, till the day of their rebirth.

Loyal
@B-A-C I hate to see a brother in Christ get discouraged so quickly , give it some time you just posted it this morning I know I have had a long day and still have work to do, this looks like a great read but is long so I will have to wait a day or two until I catch up. this verse came to mind

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Active
It seems if you start a thread about sin, or temptation, or OSAS, or anything that's a hot button, dozens of people will

Here is a great but long read from Billy Graham:

Does The Holy Spirit Live In Side You

The Holy Spirit is not an “it.” The Holy Spirit is a Person. The Bible says that He is not something, He is Someone. He is God. There are three Persons in the Trinity–God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is all-powerful. We read in Micah 3:8, “I am full of power by the Spirit of the Lord.” The Bible says that God is present everywhere. No matter where we go, He is there. “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?” (Psalm 139:7). The Holy Spirit can be in both your heart and my heart, even though we may live a thousand miles apart.

The Holy Spirit has all knowledge. The Bible says, “The Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10). It is the Holy Spirit who teaches us and takes us deeper and deeper into God’s truth as we go along in our Christian life. We are to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ, but we can grow only by the help of the Holy Spirit.

The moment that we receive Christ as Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live in our hearts. Our body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit helps us live the Christian life. There is not a person anywhere who can be a Christian without the Holy Spirit. There is not a person who can follow Christ without the help of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit sees everything that goes on. He knows what goes on in our hearts. He knows what goes on in our minds. Nothing is hidden from Him. And in Hebrews 9:14 the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is eternal.

The Spirit is called holy. The Bible says, “Be holy; for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:16). And one of the Holy Spirit’s ministries is to help make us holy. We ought to be more holy today than we were yesterday. We should always be conforming more to the image of Jesus Christ, and it is the Holy Spirit who helps us in this growing process.

Conviction of Sin
First, the work of the Holy Spirit is to convict us of our sin. Jesus said, “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (John 16:8). The Holy Spirit uses a mother’s prayers, a tragic experience, a pastor’s sermon or some other experience to convict us of sin and of our need to turn our lives over to Jesus Christ. He points to us and says, “You are a sinner. You need to repent.” We don’t like to hear that, but that is the work of the Holy Spirit. Without that work we could never have our sins forgiven. We could never be saved. We could never go to Heaven.

New Life
Second, the Holy Spirit gives new life. The Bible says that we are dead in sins and trespasses. Our spirit within us, made in the image of God, is dead toward God. Mankind needs life. All have sinned. Therefore, all are dead toward God. The Holy Spirit gives us new life in Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). You must be born again. And the Holy Spirit is the One who does the work of making you a born-again person. It is a supernatural act.

Paul said to Titus, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5). Our good works and all the good things that we have done are not going to save us. We are saved by the mercy of God, by the grace of God. It is something I didn’t earn, something I didn’t work for. It is the gift of God, the gift of salvation.

Indwelling Spirit
Third, the Holy Spirit indwells us. Many of you are spiritually dead and are completely immersed in our hedonistic culture. God says, “I will put my Spirit in you. I will come to live in you.” Your body becomes the temple where God dwells by His Holy Spirit.

That is the reason we should never take anything unclean into our bodies. That is the reason we should discipline our bodies. God loves your body. He doesn’t want it polluted by fleshly lusts and the things to which you give yourself. The Bible says, “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16).

Power to Serve Christ
Fourth, the Holy Spirit gives you power to serve Christ. “You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me” (Acts 1:8). I couldn’t do the work I am doing without the power of the Holy Spirit. I am a communicator of God’s message. He called me and gave me that gift. What counts is the message that–according to Scripture–Christ died for our sins, He rose again, He is coming back again and He is ready to come into your heart by the Holy Spirit and make you a new person. That is the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit produces the fruit of the Spirit, which is “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23). There are people whom you may not be able to love easily. But the Holy Spirit will give you the power to love them. Love is the greatest evidence that you know Christ. The Holy Spirit can love through you.

There are times I feel that I don’t have joy, and I get on my knees and say, “Lord, where is the fruit of joy in my life?” I find that the joy is there, down deep. It is a deep river. Whatever the circumstances, there is a river of joy.

The peace that passes understanding comes from the Holy Spirit. Whatever the circumstances, I have peace in my heart. I know where I am going, I know where I have been. And I know why I am here–by the Holy Spirit.

Do you know Christ? The Holy Spirit comes to magnify, to glorify and to exalt the Son. Jesus said the Holy Spirit shall not speak of Himself. He comes to magnify the Lord Jesus Christ. He comes to glorify Jesus Christ (John 16:13-14). And the Holy Spirit is pleased when you glorify Christ in your life.

It is the Holy Spirit who draws you to Christ. It is the Holy Spirit who convicts you of your need of Christ. There is only one way of salvation, and that is Christ. It is a dangerous thing to resist the Spirit. “Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:28–29).

Billy Graham 2009

Loyal

Hi Brother,
I just found this a little bit ago and am enjoying the meat and truth of it all.

I just figured why post anything and have a few come in and start arguing with the replies and take away from all you posted.
Thank you!!
Blessings

Active
I'm of the opinion we were all being led by the Spirit, we wouldn't have all these differences.
Both positions can be true.

If we were all in a meeting with the Holy Spirit on us, nobody would make silly untruthful statements. We would all ''feel'' the error.

Whilst on the internet, where everyone shares their pet theories, it's impossible to not see friction.

Any message that paints God with a dirty brush is heresy. When the Holy Spirit comes over me, God's righteousness and intense love for us is made crystal clear. Making it crystal clear to me that the devil be in some way behind every doctrine that even ''hints'' at a wicked God.

Loyal

Yes, "if we were all being led by the Spirit". I am of course of the opinion that once a person has received the gift of the Holy Spirit, he no long has to sin... but he can. He can because he is still in charge of himself. He still has the authority. When he is being led by the Holy Spirit then for that time God is doing the leading. When however we quench the Holy Spirit of God and grab hold of our own reins again we will then sin again. In the Holy Spirit we have the power to walk sinless in the eyes of God, but too many people believe that they cannot [a negative faith] so they cannot:

"... According to your faith be it unto you." " Matt 9:29

If our faith is in God then we can. If our faith is in the inability to do it, then we cannot.

Quenching the Holy Spirit of God, I believe, is the primary reason there are so many thousands of different denominations calling themselves Christian while at time being diametrically opposed to one another.

Loyal
@B-A-C

great bible study thanks for sharing brother, do you know for certain when the Holly Spirit talks to you?? The reason I ask is I dont and want to so badly !!! Although recently I had my first experience which I am convinced was the Holly Spirit, a freind was over my house and we were talking, and I am certain I herd the Holly Spirit said to me to ask Mike to pray for you shoulder (it has been so sore for many months) So I did ask Mike to pray over my shoulder and lay hands on it,, and Jesus Healed it, I should add I have never asked anyone to pray over me before.

Really this is just so awesome Praise be to Jesus,

But I here so many things in my head I just cant tell sometime and that driving me crazy, any suggestions. I do not want to quench the Holly Spirit, but I can not tell all the time.

Loyal
Peter is probably one of my favorite characters in the Bible. He was known for being a bit of a screw-up.

He was the first disciple to proclaim "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God!"

After Jesus "died" Peter just went back to fishing. Oh well Jesus was a good guy, but He is dead now.

But then Acts 2:1-13; happens. This changes Peter and everyone else who was there.
In fact Peter gets up and gives one of the all time great sermons ( my favorite next to the sermon on
the mount). ( Acts 2:14-41; ) and because of this sermon.. it says 3,000 people were added to the church.

Now how did this happen? How did he go from being the guy who denied Jesus several times in one day,
to the guy who was able to preach to (at least) 3,000 people and change their lives?

Acts 5:15; says people were brought before Peter.. and they were healed simply from his shadow falling

Now I personally believe Peter was saved upon his proclamation of who Jesus was. Matt 16:16-17;

Now the Holy Spirit doesn't just give us power to prophesy and heal people. It gives us boldness, peace,

Before I received the Holy Spirit, I believed in Jesus... but I really didn't live much differently from
most of the unsaved people I knew. I didn't even understand some of the things I was doing was

Jesus said when the Holy Spirit finally comes... he will convict the world of sin.
John 16:8; "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

I've seen posts here on TalkJesus where people say this thing isn't a sin, and that thing isn't a sin.

On the other hand, I've seen people call things sin, that sometimes weren't really sin.
I've heard it said, we don't even know all the sins we are committing. Perhaps not, but the Holy Spirit

If you are struggling with certain things, unsure about things, if you don't have a peace.
Could it be the Holy Spirit isn't covering you? If sin is conquering you and defeating you everyday,
could it be... you believe in Jesus but you were never baptized in the Holy Spirit?

..to be continued...
One thing I like about Peter, even before he was baptized in the Holy Spirit....He was a very sensitive man. He felt! and that deeply. Like many sensitive people he allowed himself to be led by his feelings, and that did get him into situations. Most men today, at least in my experience, stuff their feelings down into a box and act as if nothing matters...Not so Peter!

..to be continued...
When one receives what I call the "baptism of the airflow of God", which is commonly translated incorrectly as "baptism of the holy spirit", he frees you from sin. He also does something else, and writes the Torah of God in your heart, quite literally, like dropping a set of files into a hard drive in a laptop. So if you find yourself still sinning, or find yourself unaware of what is sin, then you haven't really received the anointing. There are steps you have to take to receive him. You just don't receive him upon belief, as we see with the magician in the book of Acts, and even Cornelius who received the anointing later on after believing.

Loyal
When one receives what I call the "baptism of the airflow of God", which is commonly translated incorrectly as "baptism of the holy spirit", he frees you from sin. He also does something else, and writes the Torah of God in your heart, quite literally, like dropping a set of files into a hard drive in a laptop. So if you find yourself still sinning, or find yourself unaware of what is sin, then you haven't really received the anointing. There are steps you have to take to receive him. You just don't receive him upon belief, as we see with the magician in the book of Acts, and even Cornelius who received the anointing later on after believing.
How is it incorrectly translated "baptism of the holy spirit"? You're saying it should be translated "baptism of the airflow of God"? Please tell us why? I for one am very curious about your thought. He writes the Torah in our hearts as we put it in...He put Torah/Word into our hearts when we got born again, that is He put the Holy Spirit into our hearts...Now its up to us to put the written Word in, and He will 'engrave' it in to us.

How is it incorrectly translated "baptism of the holy spirit"? You're saying it should be translated "baptism of the airflow of God"? Please tell us why? I for one am very curious about your thought. He writes the Torah in our hearts as we put it in...He put Torah/Word into our hearts when we got born again, that is He put the Holy Spirit into our hearts...Now its up to us to put the written Word in, and He will 'engrave' it in to us.
Because the modern idea of "spirit", which is an idea of ghosts, is not the meaning of the original words "pneuma" in the Greek and "ruach" in the Hebrew, which mean either "breath" of the nostrils, or "wind" of the sky, and since in English "wind" sounds strange in the context of the nostrils, and "breath" sounds strange in the context of the sky, then the correct translation into English is "airflow", the "airflow of the nostrils", and the "airflow of the sky". There is a reason why the authors of the scriptures used these precise words, not just to tell us that airflow literally gave us life, hence "he breathed into man the airflow of life", but that when we receive the "set-apart airflow", we are also literally receiving an airflow, but not the same type of airflow that gave this body life, but a new airflow, one that is ALIVE, which is how it is set apart from ordinary airflows that are not alive, which corresponds to this Psalm, "and he makes his angels into airflows", which is a form angels are able to transform into from their form of flesh and bones, which is an actual body of airflow, an aeolian body, and in this way, are able to not only become invisible, but also enter into the body of man, through the airflow of the nostrils, and thus inhabit a man, and this is what the "baptism of the set-apart airflow" actually is. Just as there are unclean airflows which enter into and possess men, so are there clean airflows, which are set-apart angels that transform into a body of airflow, and thus enter a man to do good, to guide help, counsel him, intercede for him, grant him power, free him from sin, and also write the Torah of God in his heart.

Loyal
Because the modern idea of "spirit", which is an idea of ghosts, is not the meaning of the original words "pneuma" in the Greek and "ruach" in the Hebrew, which mean either "breath" of the nostrils, or "wind" of the sky, and since in English "wind" sounds strange in the context of the nostrils, and "breath" sounds strange in the context of the sky, then the correct translation into English is "airflow", the "airflow of the nostrils", and the "airflow of the sky". There is a reason why the authors of the scriptures used these precise words, not just to tell us that airflow literally gave us life, hence "he breathed into man the airflow of life", but that when we receive the "set-apart airflow", we are also literally receiving an airflow, but not the same type of airflow that gave this body life, but a new airflow, one that is ALIVE, which is how it is set apart from ordinary airflows that are not alive, which corresponds to this Psalm, "and he makes his angels into airflows", which is a form angels are able to transform into from their form of flesh and bones, which is an actual body of airflow, an aeolian body, and in this way, are able to not only become invisible, but also enter into the body of man, through the airflow of the nostrils, and thus inhabit a man, and this is what the "baptism of the set-apart airflow" actually is. Just as there are unclean airflows which enter into and possess men, so are there clean airflows, which are set-apart angels that transform into a body of airflow, and thus enter a man to do good, to guide help, counsel him, intercede for him, grant him power, free him from sin, and also write the Torah of God in his heart.
Ok I see what you are saying but it does not change the fact that the Holy Spirit is a spirit. You are a spirit but neither you or the Holy Spirit is a ghost in the worldly way of it. Semantics have their place but the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. What you call Him does not change who He is. So you go ahead and call Him 'breath'. I'm sure He won't mind.

Ok I see what you are saying but it does not change the fact that the Holy Spirit is a spirit. You are a spirit but neither you or the Holy Spirit is a ghost in the worldly way of it. Semantics have their place but the Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit. What you call Him does not change who He is. So you go ahead and call Him 'breath'. I'm sure He won't mind.
"Spirit" does not exist. Airflow does. What we are is body, soul, and airflow. When our airflow departs, the body dies, and the soul is stored in Sheol, in a state of sleep, because it no longer has a body to see, hear, and think through. The same airflow we have is the same airflow animals have.

Loyal
"Spirit" does not exist. Airflow does. What we are is body, soul, and airflow. When our airflow departs, the body dies, and the soul is stored in Sheol, in a state of sleep, because it no longer has a body to see, hear, and think through. The same airflow we have is the same airflow animals have.
I already said you can call it what you want...a roses by any other name....

I already said you can call it what you want...a roses by any other name....
No, I am using the original meaning and definition used by the authors. Its precisely because of the "call it whatever you want attitude" that there are translation errors that cause confusion.

Loyal
No, I am using the original meaning and definition used by the authors. Its precisely because of the "call it whatever you want attitude" that there are translation errors that cause confusion.
Let me put it this way then. Legalism is legalism. Our God is a Gem of many facets. You see Him from one facet while others see Him from another. That does NOT change who he is. Or what.