Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Perspective on Rejection

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Christ4Ever, Aug 6, 2018.

1. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Corinthians 9:22

Witnessing for Christ has always been a challenge. In the current climate of political correctness, where truth is often replaced by opinion and personal freedom is idolized, you face unique challenges. Sharing about Jesus requires letting go of preconceived notions while still clinging to God’s truth. You have freedom in Christ to share His love and grace without the shackles of shifting expectations and demands.

At the same time, those things have shaped people’s opinions of God, Jesus, the church, and Christians. Earning the right to tell people about Jesus is like solving a puzzle box—you have to watch, listen, probe, learn from failure, and keep trying.

Remember a few things as you go. First, everyone matters to Jesus. They may not ever receive His gift of salvation, but that’s between them and God. Your job is to treat them as Jesus did. He met people where they were—amid pain complacency, ignorance, busyness—and told them God’s truth in a way that fit their circumstances.

Also, don’t fear being an imperfect messenger. Listen first, trying to learn each person’s troy, situation, and experiences with God. If it helps, share your story of salvation. Sharing your faith carries risk, but if you’re rejected, take heart. Jesus was, too. Ask God for wise and compassionate heart and for perseverance in the face of resistance.