• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Perfect Gifts from above?

Loyal
Perfect Gifts from above?

After John the Baptist bore wittiness that Jesus was the “lamb of God that would take away the sins of the world” Jesus went off and began to baptize all that would come unto him. The disciples of John came to him to complain that Jesus was now baptizing more followers than John. In other words John's followers were dwindling to just a few.

John 3:25 There arose therefore a questioning on the part of John's disciples with a Jew about purifying.
John 3:26 And THEY CAME UNTO JOHN, and said to him, RABBI, HE THAT WAS WITH THEE BEYOND JORDAN, TO WHOM THOU HAST BORNE WITNESS, BEHOLD, THE SAME BAPTIZETH, AND ALL MEN COME TO HIM.

John who was born filled with the Holy Spirit said.....

John 3:27 John answered and said, A MAN CAN RECEIVE NOTHING, EXCEPT IT HAVE BEEN GIVEN HIM FROM HEAVEN.

We might think what John meant was every thing that comes across our path is from God! Nothing could be further from truth. If all we had was this one scripture we might think that to be true, but.....

Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Jas 1:17 EVERY GOOD GIFT AND EVERY PERFECT GIFT IS FROM ABOVE, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (KJV)

The only thing a man can receive from above are those things which are “GOOD”, and “PERFECT”, and they are given by God from Heaven above!
Remember Jesus said, “all that the Father has given unto me will come to me....” (John 6:37)

John 6:37 Everything and EVERYONE THAT THE FATHER HAS GIVEN ME WILL COME TO ME, and I won't turn any of them away. (CEV)

All good, and perfect gifts come from God, but all the bad, and not perfect gifts come from Satan who is the enemy of our souls.
You would think that it would be easy to “discern” between the good gifts and bad gifts, but it is not as easy as we think because the devil can, and does disguise gifts to look good, when they are really bad! The ability to discern between the two requires the Holy Spirit to spot them!

2Cor 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, TRANSFORMING THEMSELVES INTO THE APOSTLES OF CHRIST.
2Cor 11:14 And no marvel; FOR SATAN HIMSELF IS TRANSFORMED INTO AN ANGEL OF LIGHT.
2Cor 11:15 Therefore IT IS NO GREAT THING IF HIS MINISTERS ALSO BE TRANSFORMED AS THE MINISTERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS; whose end shall be according to their works.

The “flesh” is so easily swayed by outward looks. We like big nice buildings in which to gather together to hear well rehearsed sermons that you can find no fault with. The flesh much prefers larger assemblies, because we think that if there are big numbers of people then God must be in it!

Success is not measured by numbers or outward appearances, or the quality of speech from the minsters. Success comes from the “gifts” that God gives from above that is perfect, not in speech, or looks or location, but in power, and demonstration of the Holy Spirit who confirms God's word!

It has nothing to do with man or his own abilities earned! Paul addressed people in the Church who thought it was by their own hard work that they were different from everyone else.

1Cor 4:7 For who separates you from the others [as a faction leader]? [Who makes you superior and sets you apart from another, giving you the preeminence?] What have you that was not given to you? If then you received it [from someone], why do you boast as if you had not received [but had gained it by your own efforts]? (AMP)

The Lord God has given certain “gifts” unto man to accomplish his will on earth. These gifts empower individuals, and that power is God's power not ours. “....We have this treasure in earthen vessels so the excellency of the power my be of God and not ourselves...” (2 Cor 4:7)

These people in the Church that Paul spoke to wanted to take credit for what they had, and did not want to confess, or admit that it had nothing to do themselves but was a gift from God.
Isn't it just like the flesh to boast of our abilities thinking I had to work very very hard to get to where I am, and in what I know, that is why I am a leader and in this position of importance!

Every Christian has a good, and perfect gift from above to fulfill their calling no matter what it might be. Knowing that, “it is no longer I who lives but Christ in me who does the works”