• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Loyal
Saturday, June 27, 2015, 6:44 a.m. – The Lord Jesus put in mind the song, “Full Release.” Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read 1 Timothy 4 (NASB).

Deceitful Spirits (vv. 1-5)

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

Yesterday President Obama gave the eulogy for Rev. Pinckney, of “Mother Emanuel” church in Charleston, SC, who, according to the news, was killed, along with eight others, during a Bible study in the basement of the church, on June 17, 2015. During his speech, Obama promoted a social Christianity based on our “common humanity,” and he spoke of a “better world” and a “more perfect union.” Obama’s theme for his message was that of God’s grace, only he preached a false grace, a false Christ, and a false gospel, which gives people a false hope of salvation, saying it is our choice how to receive God’s grace. Yet, the kingdom Obama made reference to was not the heavenly one, but a “better world” here on the earth.

Both Obama and the Pope are presently campaigning for this more inclusive religion, which rules out what they consider “extremism,” and which is more socially agreeable to all people. They want us to become more like the church in Laodicea, neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm, accepting of everything and everyone (except extremists), making no waves, not standing on biblical morals and principles, but becoming like everyone else – all of us united together, recognizing our “common humanity.” Then, out of the ashes of the church of the past will rise this New World Order one-world all-inclusive religion which stands for nothing of God and of Christ, but of self-effort to improve the planet to make the world a better place for us all to live, where no one steps on anyone else’s toes, so to speak.

As well, yesterday, on the 70th anniversary of the chartering of the United Nations, the Supreme Court of these United States of America ruled to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states. Now, I know this passage of scripture speaks of those who follow deceptive spirits as those who also forbid marriage, but this was not speaking of gay marriage then, but marriage between a man and a woman, as God instituted marriage to be. Some people were forbidding marriage between a man and a woman. Today we have a situation in which gay unions, which God opposes in his word (See: Ro. 1:18-32; 1 Co. 6:9; 1 Tim. 1:10), are now legal throughout the USA, and this while the church in the USA is largely focused on entertainment, and on making everyone feel comfortable, and on having fun.

The modern church in America has gone the way of the world, and has turned the church into big business, marketed just like any other business, utilizing human reasoning, logic, and scheming (tricks) in order to draw large crowds of people to become consumers of their new product-line. They focus much attention on entertainment and the “big show,” which they call a “worship service,” because that is where they draw in their large crowds. And, they dilute the gospel message to make it more appealing, less offensive, and more acceptable to the world. Book studies and movies have replaced Bible studies. The hymns, which were filled with the doctrines of the Christian faith, have largely been replaced with feel-good songs which stir human emotions, though there are many spiritual songs out there, too. The modern church of today has been promoting this all-inclusive religion for some time now, and so many people have bought into it, “hook, line and sinker.”

Godly Discipline (vv. 6-10)

In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following. But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance. For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

So, what is the “sound doctrine” we are supposed to follow? How does it differ from this “social gospel” and “all-inclusive” religion being promoted by the US/N.W.O. government, via Obama, and by the Pope, and by today’s modernized institutional church?

For one, although Obama is correct in stating that God's grace is a free gift, and that we can do nothing to earn it or to deserve it, it is not true that we, as humans, get to decide how we will receive that grace, or how we will honor it. Scripture teaches us that it is by God’s grace that we are saved, through faith - and this not from ourselves, “it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast” (Eph. 2:8-9). We don’t get to choose in what way or by what path we will receive God’s grace to us. There is only one path, and that is by way of the cross of Jesus Christ, and by death to sin, and by resurrection to new life in the Spirit, whereby we put to death the deeds of our human flesh, and we conduct our lives now according to the Spirit, and no longer according to our sinful flesh (See: Lu. 9:23-25; Jn. 6:35-65; 10:27-30; Ac. 26:16-18; Ro. 6:1-23; 8:1-14; 2 Co. 5:15; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 2:8-10; 4:17-24; Tit. 2:11-14; 1 Pet. 2:24-25; & 1 Jn. 1:5-9). This is true faith.

Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily (die daily to sin) and follow (obey) him. He said if we hold on to our old lives of sin, we will lose them for eternity, but if we lose our old lives of sin, via dying with Christ to sin, we will gain eternal life. He said his sheep (his followers) know his voice, they listen to him, and they follow (obey) him. They are the ones who can’t be snatched out of God’s hand. Jesus died, not just so we could escape hell and have the hope of heaven when we die. He died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his stripes we are healed. He died that we might no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave himself up for us. Jesus died that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who no longer walk according to the flesh, but who walk according to the Spirt. God’s grace, which brings salvation, teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives while we wait for Christ’s return. This is sound doctrine.

We don’t show love to other human beings by pacifying or by accepting sinful practices. Homosexuality is a sin, along with a list of a whole bunch of other sins, such as envy, greed, murder, deceit, malice, slander, gossiping, pride, disobedience, cheating, stealing, etc. When humankind suppresses the truth by their wickedness, even though they know about God, because God has made himself known to them, God hands them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity, idolatry, homosexuality and to depraved minds, to do what ought not to be done (See: Ro. 1:18-32). And, I believe that is where we find ourselves right now in America, and the church is largely at fault in this, for they have been too busy entertaining themselves and the world, and making sure they don’t offend anyone.

Teach These Things (vv. 11-16)

Prescribe and teach these things. Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. Until I come, give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching. Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery. Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all. Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.

It is not just ordained ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ who must advocate and teach these things. As followers of Jesus Christ, we are the light of the world, and the salt of the earth, and we are to let our lights shine before men. We are to take the gospel to the ends of the earth, and make followers of Christ of people of all nations. We teach by our lifestyles, by our attitudes, by our behaviors, and by the things we do or don’t do, and by the things we say. When we accept God’s invitation to his great salvation, we are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and we are empowered from on high to be his witnesses. We lead others by example, for good or for bad.

As well, we are all given spiritual gifts and ministries within the body of Christ for the edification and encouragement of the body. We each have a part, assigned by God, which only we can fulfill, because we are all uniquely designed by God for a specific purpose. We are not to neglect these gifts, and we are not to neglect God’s calling upon our lives, but we should seek God’s face concerning what gifts and ministries he has for us within the body of Christ, and then we should obey him in doing what he has called and chosen us to do and be. Serving the Lord is not something we do once a week on a Sunday morning, though. We should serve the Lord in everything we do. Our lifestyles should be ones of servanthood, and of obedience, and submission to our Lord and to his will for our lives, because we love him, and we want to do what pleases him.

Lastly, we are to pay close attention to how we conduct our lives, and what we are teaching, whether in words we speak, or by our actions. People are watching our lives. This is not a guilt-trip, though, or a hammer hanging over our heads instilling fear in us that we must live in sinless perfect or “bam” we are goners. Yet, it is a reminder of the reality that we need to watch our lives closely, because, whether we like it or not, people will judge our God and our Savior by how they see us live our lives. We also need to pay close attention to what others are teaching and living so that we are discerning with regard to false teaching. So much of false teaching today is not blatant, but it is very subtle, and is mixed in with truth, so we have to be students of the word and be listening to the Holy Spirit, and be obeying the Lord, so we can discern truth from error, and not fall into the devil’s trap.

Full Release / An Original Work / April 15, 2012

Walking daily with my Savior
brings me joy.
Loving Father; precious Jesus;
He’s my Savior and my Lord.
Gently leads me; follow Him.
I’ve invited Him within.
Now abiding in His presence,
oh, what peace.
From my self-life
He has brought me,
By His mercy, full release.

Hope and comfort,
peace and safety Jesus brings
When I daily bow before Him;
Obey freely; do His will.
Follow Him where’er He leads.
Listen to Him; His words heed.
Now obeying his words fully,
oh, what love
That He gives me
through salvation,
By His Spirit, from above.

Loving Father; precious Jesus,
He’s my friend.
With my Savior, by His Spirit,
I will endure to the end.
Share the gospel, tell what’s true.
Witness daily; His will do.
Tell the world of how their Savior
bled and died.
On a cruel cross He suffered
So that we might be alive.

Loyal
Very good, sister! God is still working in a few open hearts.
Amadeus, Thank you for those encouraging words. All glory to God. I just share what he teaches me each day, in the power and working of the Spirit within me. Oh, I know God is working in open hearts. I praise him for that. God bless you.