• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Paul's Wisdom Regarding The False Teachers Deception

Troy a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's Wisdom Regarding The False Teachers Deception

Galatians 1:7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you, and want to distort the gospel of Christ.

*The distorted teachings of the Judaizers presumed to be a form of the gospel, but call declares that their "different gospel" (V6) was really not another gospel at all. There is only one message of good news, the gospel of salvation by God's sovereign grace working through man's faith. Any message that is either more or less than that is not the good news in any sense.

*Another translate [allos], which refers to something of exact same kind. As already noted, much that the Judaizers taught corresponded to the true gospel. They no doubt affirmed that Jesus was the Son of God, the Messiah predicted by the Old Testament prophets, and a great miracle worker. They likely believed that he was crucified and resurrected and that salvation demanded belief in Him. But they also taught that to be right with God and to maintain that righteous salvation a person must conform to all the laws of the Old Covenant. In doing so, they undercut the power of the true gospel. God's sovereign, saving, and enabling grace. By adding works to salvation they had subtly but completely undermined the gospel of God's grace, of which there IS REALLY NOT ANOTHER. This was bad news, since man cannot maintain his right relationship to God by self effort and good works. He will produce good works as a result of God's saving grace and power working in him ( Eph 2:10;James 2:14-26 ), but he dose not do good works to earn or keep salvation.

*Because of their deception, false teachers such as the Judaizers are even more dangerous than those who openly deny "that jesus is Christ" and thereby clearly participate in the work of the antichrist (1 John 2:22 ). False systems labeled as Christaninty always distort the nature and work of Jesus Christ. Those who deny Christ altogether are easily seen as the unbelievers they are; but those who claim to teach and follow Christ while undermining the gospel of His grace are immeasurablly more dangerous- because they give the appearance of leading people to Christ while they are actually erecting barriers to salvation by grace.

*ARE DISTURBING is from [tarasso], which literally means to shake back and forth and therefore to agitate and stir up. Figuratively, it connotes deep emotional disturbance and refers to an unsettled mind. It is the word used of Herod when he heard about the birth of the King of the Jews ( Matt 2:3 ), of the disciples when they saw Jesus walking on the water (14:26 ), and Zacharias when he sa the angel of the Lord (Luke 1:12 ). It was also used by Jesus in His Commamnd,"Let not your heart be troubled" (John 14:1 ).

*Although they were oblivious to it, the church of Galatia were being shaken to their very foundations by the false teaching of the unregenerate Judaizers, who were acquiescing to the basic truths of Jesus Christ but who were spiritually DISTURBING and subverting the believers by adding works to grace, which is to utterly DISTOERT THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. [Metastrepho],(TO DISTORT ) carries the idea of turning something into its opposite, of reversing and thereby perverting it. The least bit of law that is added to the GOSPEL OF CHRIST reverses its character and turns it into that which is contrary to God's gracious provision of salvation and sanctification based entirely on the merits of His sinless, sin- bearing Son.

*Law dose not moderately pollute grace but reverses and destroys it. As a means of salvation, th two are diametrically opposite and cannot coexist. Grace can be destroyed, but it cannot be modified. It can be rejected, but it cannot be changed. As Paul declares later in the epistle,"If you receive circumcision, that he is under ogligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law" (Gal 5:2-4 ).

*Whenever the gospel is perverted the church is unsettled. To the message of grace is to stifle and eventually asphyxiate the church. Paul wrote to Titus, "For there are many rebelliuos men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, who must be silenced because they are upsetting whole families, teaching things they should not teach" ( Titus 1:10-11 ). The greatest enemies of the church are not those who openly contradict the Bible and denounce Christ but those children of hell who, proposing to speak in His name, subtly undermine and distort His true gospel with a system of works righte
ousness.

May our Lord Jesus bless all your days.
Yort (TROY):shade:

Active
It is the Holy Spirit of Truth speaking through Paul, and perverting is to twist the meaning of the Gospel of Christ, which occurs often in this present time. Many churches accept the modification of righteousness to accommodate sin, and they do so for the mere reason of keeping themselves friends with the world.

And even more churches struggle in vain to keep the law not knowing that Christ has set us free. Only what is done with a heart yielded to the Holy Spirit's direction and in His power has eternal consequence. The rest is man trying to do God's work which amounts to wood, hay and stubble. This is remarkably similar to the lure Satan used on Eve; the promise that she would be like God moving in her own knowledge and wisdom. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself was our great example in this area completely living a surrendered life.

My two cents

I had attended a church for a short time that was "Spirit filled - Tongue talkers." and even though I spoke with other tongues, had been studying my Word for several years, and confessed Jesus Lord, this Pastor was convinced that I was not really "SAVED" because I got baptized in the name of the father, son and Holy Ghost. Not in the name of Jesus as he knew was a more proper way.

I asked him How could I speak in tongues and not be saved?
He could not answer that. I was not baptized the correct way, so it was off to hell I would go.

I refused to get Baptized his way but still attended church.

As time went on I realized these people walked in love toward each other but were under the impression that if you did not believe like them then you were in error and not a true christen. They also had a list of Sins that you could commit (They did not call it a law when I asked what the difference was)

No movies
No Jewelery of any kind.
No short hair or shorts for girls
No a lot of things.

At first glance it would appear these folks loved God, but it was a dark place in that church. I was pretty amazed and stayed just to observe. A tongue talking church that criticized everyone else and could not see they were missing the grace and love of God.

Jesus Is Lord.

I had attended a church for a short time that was "Spirit filled - Tongue talkers." and even though I spoke with other tongues, had been studying my Word for several years, and confessed Jesus Lord, this Pastor was convinced that I was not really "SAVED" because I got baptized in the name of the father, son and Holy Ghost. Not in the name of Jesus as he knew was a more proper way.

I asked him How could I speak in tongues and not be saved?
He could not answer that. I was not baptized the correct way, so it was off to hell I would go.

I refused to get Baptized his way but still attended church.

As time went on I realized these people walked in love toward each other but were under the impression that if you did not believe like them then you were in error and not a true christen. They also had a list of Sins that you could commit (They did not call it a law when I asked what the difference was)

No movies
No Jewelery of any kind.
No short hair or shorts for girls
No a lot of things.

At first glance it would appear these folks loved God, but it was a dark place in that church. I was pretty amazed and stayed just to observe. A tongue talking church that criticized everyone else and could not see they were missing the grace and love of God.

Jesus Is Lord.
These are just my views. I have been in similar situations.

First (in my opinion) Jesus said we could:
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
The other scriptures pertaining to this say baptize in Jesus Name. If the Lord gave His okay it is okay by me but we must follow our hearts as the Holy Spirit leads.

Secondly the church at Corinth moved in spiritual gifts which according to His Word is His will and provision for His church but that did not keep them from acting like babies. I (in my opinion again) believe we should look to see the fruit of the Spirit. When we arrive at spiritual maturity the gifts will flow quite naturally.
What you are describing is a classic case of majoring on the minors and is all to common. This does not mean they are not God's people but does mean they are in significant bondage and are in need of prayer.
I guess when it all comes down to it we all have areas to work on as far as renewing our minds thought the Word by the revealtion of the Holy Spirit.
If we love each other with His love we cannot go wrong for He will be in the midst of us drawing us deeper into that love and truth.

Brother mike

I know what your saying, I recently just moved to a small community in NC, in the processes me and my wife looked for a church. We purposed ourselves to be lead by the Spirit with hopes of finding a church that we could serve and worship and call our home.
But what we found just really hurt us, snake charmers, churches that didn't offer a invitation, prejudice that is what I consider to be pre civil rights movement. Legalism that is just the story that was spoke of in the post. Since this has happened, we're in the process of moving back to the wife home town where we've found a outstanding church that preaches Jesus crucified and practices what the word speaks. A PRAYER ANSWERED.
God bless you brother

Yort ( TROY ):shade:

Baptism as you described is just as good as one in the name of Jesus their of the water
The Spirit baptizes the heart of man. That's the one that counts.

Yort

Baptism as you described is just as good as one in the name of Jesus their of the water
The Spirit baptizes the heart of man. That's the one that co
unts.

Thank you also Boanerges

Ya, I kinda thought it was the persons heart and wellbeing that was getting baptized that was important, not the person performing the "Ritual"

Hey, Jesus is Lord and there is no other way to escape death but through him. No other door.

I am Word of faith all the way.

If you believe healing has passed away, then fine. If tongues has passed away then fine. You and I have lots to still talk about. We will focus on Jesus.

If you believe that your the only right doctrine and all else is going to hell, if they don't do things your way. If you believe there is another way to God but Jesus. Then I probably won't have much in common with you and not much to say.

This is how we know them. They love the brethren.

Jesus Is Lord and God bless both of you.

The gifts are indeed alive and well my friend. These are tools given by the Lord Himself to edify the church and as signs and wonders to believers.
Tongues flow from the Holy Spirit and not vice verse. One cannot receive the Holy Spirit unless one is a blood bought son of the Living God.
The oil don't go where the blood don't flow.

Brother Mike

Doctrine well that can be a mouth full, the tongues and healing, well one shouldn't box God in and say he can or can't. Now brother I believe in this; Jesus Christ------King, died, rose on the third day, @ the right hand, due back soon for His brothers and sisters, and I've cancled my reservation in HELL. Man you've got faith and everything else is doctrine. Yort

Heh it is all in the Book. We just have to grasp it by faith and take each step believing God to manifest His glory. When we walk by faith (in His Word) He always moves and that is His joy to do so.

Now thats what I am talking about.

Yort:

Doctrine well that can be a mouth full, the tongues and healing, well one shouldn't box God in and say he can or can't. Now brother I believe in this; Jesus Christ------King, died, rose on the third day, @ the right hand, due back soon for His brothers and sisters, and I've cancled my reservation in HELL. Man you've got faith and everything else is doctrine. Yort
Now that is what I am talking about. I speak in tongues, but as Jesus said. Rejoice not that we have authority over devils or spirits, but rejoice that our names are written in Heaven. (Luke 10:20)

It's about Jesus!!! and Hell is not a place to be. I canceled my reservation also.

Boanerges
The gifts are indeed alive and well my friend. These are tools given by the Lord Himself to edify the church and as signs and wonders to believers.
Tongues flow from the Holy Spirit and not vice verse. One cannot receive the Holy Spirit unless one is a blood bought son of the Living God.
The oil don't go where the blood don't flow.
When we walk by faith (in His Word) He always moves and that is His joy to do so.
Well preach it............ I wanted to pray in tongues so bad!!! I already confessed I had the Holy Ghost. It's just that the other tongues thing was not happening. I tried night after night with my mouth open and no tongues.
Well, I decided that if the Word said that if I believe on Jesus, then I shall speak new tongues, then I was going to just start speaking.

I remember a caveman movie I saw....... So I told God I was going to pray this and call it tongues. Hooga Booga... Wooga wooga wooga.
I did that for about 5 sec and gave up. I went to bed crying.

The next day though I was at it again. Hooga hooga hooga.
This time I did not quit. I told God if his word said it then I was going to act and believe it. Soon I felt something just come over me. I can describe it as I never felt that before and just stated to speak a whole new language. It was not caveman anymore. I have not stopped since.

So, by acting on the Word, the promise came........... OR God did not want to hear anymore caveman prayers and just said heck with it, be blessed with tongues.

Be blessed Brothers!!!!!

I was driving down hwy 90 in Avondale Louisiana worshiping the Lord when I told Him " Lord pour out Your Holy Spirit on me as on the day of Pentecost". Well I almost drove off the road when it hit me- LOL!