• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Passing the Baton

Staff Member
Take Aaron and Eleazar his son and bring them up to Mount Hor. And strip Aaron of his garments and put them on Eleazar his son. And Aaron shall be gathered to his people and shall die there." Numbers 20:25-26 ESV

Neither Moses nor Aaron were going to be allowed to enter the Promised Land. But before they were gathered to their people, the Lord made sure there was a line of succession to carry on His work. In Aaron’s case, his oldest (living) son Eleazar would take his garments and take over his duties as the high priest.

As much as God might use any particular generation, He always has a plan of succession to continue His work. Often, it is continued through a generational bloodline. When you think about the spiritual work you’ve done to prepare your own children, would you say they are ready to continue what you’ve taught them after you are gone? If not, what do you need to be teaching them right now to prepare them? If you don’t have any children, do you have any nieces or nephews you could invest in? How about teaching children at church?

The work of the kingdom should never stop with any given generation. The next one should always be able to build on what the previous one accomplished in the strength of the Lord.

Prayer: Lord, help me to make training the next generation a priority.

Loyal
But they have to be willing to be trained. You know, I have always wondered, how the high priests must wear a robe richly adorned and made from fine linen, and yet doing the sacrifice which is a bloody ritual, kept from getting blood all over the tunics they wore, which is very hard to clean out even in modern times. Any idea how it was done?

Active
But they have to be willing to be trained. You know, I have always wondered, how the high priests must wear a robe richly adorned and made from fine linen, and yet doing the sacrifice which is a bloody ritual, kept from getting blood all over the tunics they wore, which is very hard to clean out even in modern times. Any idea how it was done?

In the first place I cannot understand such an abominable ritual. I'd never accept it, one way or another, but I realized that there's a peculiar balance in the world that apparently calls for this kind of activity, and so, I forfeit it as it is not my domain.

Loyal
In the first place I cannot understand such an abominable ritual. I'd never accept it, one way or another, but I realized that there's a peculiar balance in the world that apparently calls for this kind of activity, and so, I forfeit it as it is not my domain.
Its a ritual, that you are not supposed to like, killing an innocent animal (although in a quick death), so that your own blood is not spilled. You are supposed to dislike it enough to stop sinning.

Active
Its a ritual, that you are not supposed to like, killing an innocent animal (although in a quick death), so that your own blood is not spilled. You are supposed to dislike it enough to stop sinning.

How stupid.

Might as well kill me instead. If I see people killing animals for something so stupid I will not forgive.

Active
You realize you just called God stupid?
I will correct this by the way, I see where you assumed I was speaking of God.

I will clarify.

The 'something so stupid' I mention was about sin; sin is the 'something so stupid' I intended to use in the post, but I didn't English it properly. Now that I've posted this, it has been corrected.