• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Parable of the Sower...any thoughts ?

Active
The Parable of the Sower

Parables About the Kingdom of Heaven
(Mark 4:1-9; Luke 8:4-8)

1On the same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the sea. 2And great multitudes were gathered together to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: "Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; and they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9He who has ears to hear, let him hear! "

The Purpose of Parables
(Mark 4:10-12; Luke 8:9, 10)

10And the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do You speak to them in parables?"

11He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14And in them the prophecy of Isamiah is fulfilled, which says:

"Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,

And seeing you will see and not perceive;

15For the hearts of this people have grown dull.

Their ears are hard of hearing,

And their eyes they have closed,

Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,

Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,

So that I should F59 heal them.' F60

16But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The Parable of the Sower Explained
(Mark 4:13-20; Luke 8:11-15)

18"Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty."

Last edited:
As the Bible says here:

1. Jeremiah 31:33
    But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
    Jeremiah 31:32-34 (in Context) Jeremiah 31 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Hebrews 8:10
    For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
    Hebrews 8:9-11 (in Context) Hebrews 8 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Hebrews 10:16
    “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”
    Hebrews 10:15-17 (in Context) Hebrews 10 (Whole Chapter)

The parables were given to them as easier put in the NKV(for me at least)

Mark 4:12 NKJV

‘ Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’”<sup>[c]</sup>

If people repent, God writes His laws in their hearts and minds.

God bless you sister.

Last edited:
Active
If people repent, God writes His laws in their hearts and minds.
I like that , it relates to the what I wanted to talk about.

After reading verse 19
19When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart.

Is it possible for a Christian to have what was sown in their heart snatched.

I doubt it sister. I think when Jesus and or His disciples referred to repentance, they were speaking of repentance of sin and belief/faith in Jesus.

Therefore, once we are saved, God Himself and only He has the power to remove and or replace our hearts and minds with His word/laws.

There is a scripture that briefly popped into my mind, it's late and I'm a bit tired, but it basically points down to the fact that once the Holy Spirit lives inside a person, the devil and or evil can't reside in that same body. I will try to find the scripture for you and post it here tomorrow.

God bless you.

Hello everyone.

Translation issue.

11He answered and said to them, "Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven,
It should be....................Kingdom of God
Not heaven. Both in Luke and Mark. Makes the meaning completely different. They are also different in the Greek.

The laws written in our heart are the old Covenant law, under the new commandment. The new spirit (Heart) is able to keep the law, under the new commandments. The sower sows the word parable is talking about operation of a Kingdom. God's Kingdom.

Can Satan steal the word from you? Depends on how you read it.
In marks account the seed never made it to the heart but thrown by the wayside. In Luke's account it was also by the wayside but was taken from their heart for lack of understanding.

The real Greek Translation for heart has to do with thoughts, However, the word heart and human spirit can be interchanged as faith comes from the new spirit and not head knowledge.

So, according to scripture it is possible for the Devil to steal the word from you. You may not have understood the teacher, or beyond your foundation in the Word to understand at that time.

another possible case could be not meditating on what the Pastor said that day, as you leave church. You could be thinking of a place to stop and eat, or arguing with family on the way home from Church.

Satan can not defeat The Word of God, so Jesus said his first attempt would be to distract you, and just take away from you what was given, counting you understood it first.

In any event. What measure you meet shall be measured back to you. You decide how that Word is going to effect your life by taking heed what you have heard, and guarding your heart with all diligence.

Jesus Is Lord.

The Parable of the Sower...any thoughts?

Is it possible for a Christian to have what was sown in their heart snatched?
In my opinion, the answer is "yes". Look at it this way: Jesus speaks of four sample mindsets of people who hear the message. The first hears the message and says "no" immediately. The remaining three receive the message and become believers. All three of them qualify as Christians in the beginning because they receive the message with joy, but only, one perseveres to the end (see Mt 24:13).

"Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." (Phil 2:12b-13) This citation does not imply that we earn our salvation. Rather, it speaks of the spiritual development involved in growing toward maturity as a believer. In Jesus' example only one of the believers grows to maturity; the faith of the other two dies.

SLE

In my opinion, the answer is "yes". Look at it this way: Jesus speaks of four sample mindsets of people who hear the message. The first hears the message and says "no" immediately. The remaining three receive the message and become believers. All three of them qualify as Christians in the beginning because they receive the message with joy, but only, one perseveres to the end (see Mt 24:13).

"Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." (Phil 2:12b-13) This citation does not imply that we earn our salvation. Rather, it speaks of the spiritual development involved in growing toward maturity as a believer. In Jesus' example only one of the believers grows to maturity; the faith of the other two dies.

SLE
I have to ask myself the question though Brother SLE.

Did those other "believers" truly repent or turn away from their sins? Rocky ground, weeds, by the way side. That sounds to me like a life where you are wrapped up in the world.

The scripture I mentioned earlier is better expanded in this article:
What does it mean that the Holy Spirit is our Paraclete?

I am in no way debating this though and brother SLE, you left me thinking, that's a fact.

God bless

Staff Member
Greetings,

the devil is a liar and a theif, seeking who he might destroy.

If we go back to the Garden with Adam and Eve, we see the serpent in action, lying and stealing....
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Genesis 3:1-6

The flesh was tempted and the result was death. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1Corinthians 15:21-22

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
1Corinthians 15:57

Bless you ....><>

Br. Bear

Last edited:
Active

SLE

Are you saying when the word ( seed ) is planted into our hearts, the receptiveness of our hearts ( soil ) determines if the enemy can snatch what was sown.

I was wondering if this parable best explains how a once on fire Christian can fall back into the world.
Especially if both of us heard the same sermons ( Word ) spoken in church.

The sower sows the Word.

This is what SpiritLedEd said. He is 100 percent correct in everything He posted.

If you know this parable you will understand all parables.

Look at Matthew.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

This is why you should not get bad translations for the Word of God. If you read my top post.
Jesus is talking about a Kingdom coming. This is not heaven as he separates the two. He said God's Will be done on EARTH as it is in Heaven.
It is God's will that things go on earth just like they do in Heaven.
How many people in wheelchairs in Heaven? NONE!!
How many people with broken homes in Heaven? NONE!!
How many sick people in Heaven? None!!
His Will be done on earth just like it is in heaven!!!

The will of God however is not just automatic like some think. This is why Jesus is teaching. It is God's will that all men come to the knowledge of the truth. We know that is not going to happen though it is his will.

Jesus goes on in Matthew and teaches on doing things and receiving things. (Sow and reap)

At the end of Matthew he talks about needs being meet, Not being focused on money but the one that can supply the money. Money makes a poor god. He talks about having little faith to get your needs meet.

Mat 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

At the end he tells us how to operate the will of God on earth as it is in Heaven.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

He talks about things added unto you, Putting the Kingdom first (God's things first in everything) and seeking God's righteousness. (Being right with God, or/and God's ability to keep his Word.)

What is the Kingdom of God?

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. (Rom 10:17) Without faith you can not please God (Heb 11:6)
The Kingdom of God is inside of you. (Word sown that produces faith. Faith never worries or takes thought, does not fret, does not get it's feelings hurt. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 6? why take thought?"

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power. . John preached repent the Kingdom of God is coming. Jesus said that those standing with him will see the Kingdom of God without dying.

The Kingdom of God is how God operates in Heaven. No sickness, no poverty, nothing missing or broken in your life.

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God, and people heard that word receiving faith to be healed.

Luk 9:11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.

We have authority over all devils because of the Kingdom of God. (Luke 10:19)
Luk 11:20 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
How to operate the Kingdom of God.

Sow the Word. The word produces faith. Faith receives from God.
Satan can only operate these 3 things in someones life. So if someone has fallen away, it's in one of these three.

1) Some of the Word is taken right away. Stolen by Satan. (Mar 4:15)
they did not get converted, were not really paying attention,did not understand, did not hold on to. The god of this world blinds their minds to the light of the gospel. (2cor 4:4)

2) Some hear the word and receive it with Gladness, but Satan sends persecutions for the words sake that is in you. (Mark 4:16-17)

Satan needs something in the natural to afflict you with, to get you to think What God said is not true...................

I believed it was the will of God to heal everyone at the time my son just got Cancer. It was a very rare form of cancer. I preached Healing to anyone that would listen. Now everything I believed was on the line.

I told the doctor they would not even find cancer in my boy after a week.
on day NINE!!! I got the report that my son was not going to live. I had other Christians tell me that God may want to take my son home to a better place, that might be his will.
I could have cried out to God after I talked to the Doctor that day. I could have begged him to please save my son. I could have gotten upset and decided that I misunderstood things about healing. Had I begged and cried my son would have been dead. Because of the persecution I let go of my faith. I guess God just does not want to save my son... Just like a cry baby....
I KNEW BETTER!!!!! I had root. I knew it was Satan's Last ditch attempt to take my son. He wanted me to agree with him. I knew this by the parable in Mark 4. He had to present a evil report, something physical to get my eyes on. We walk by faith not by sight.

I said out loud, "Ha ha devil, looks like your running out of options to pull something like this. I don't accept this report, my son will live and not die. If you want to bug someone about it go bug Jesus, It's his Word and I believe it!!!!"
That next day when doing the bone marrow test and spinal tap, they could not find one cancer cell in his body. They were floored and retested several times with different test. Glory to God!!!! That was a few years ago and he is completely healed.

3) The cares of this world and lust of other things Choke the word.
If Satan can't get you with the first two, he goes for a more subtitle approach.
How many Christians left their church to take the better Job? (Money led) or got involved in tons of church things thinking it will please God, only to get worn out and weak? This one is hard to spot if your not constantly in your word. Does God want me to get involved in this? Just because it looks good, and something God would like, does not mean it's his Plan for you. Be careful, and stay Spirit led.

Mar 4:21 And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
Mar 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

Is a candle's purpose to be hide and the light not shine? NO, that is not the purpose of a Candle. What is the candle? What is Jesus talking about, did he switch thoughts? NO................................

Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Your spirit needs fed!!! it is the candle of the Lord. Your spirit was never meant to be hid from the Word of God. Nothing is to be kept secret from you. Man shall not live on bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
A person that leaves God, or gets involved in sin, has a weak, undernourished spirit. They have hid their Candle under the bed, and starved it. They are weak, and the Word will not produce in their life.

There is so much more to say. Mustard seed, ETC...... but this is a small start on the Subject of the Kingdom of God.

Jesus Is Lord.

Praise God

I can't agree with you even more Brother. How much flesh is in heaven?

Great stuff.

I can't wait for the scriptures you have..... To prove whatever your trying to formulate.

Lets see. Known Christians on earth at about 3 billion. Flesh per person about 2.5 pounds? (Not knowing what the new body will weigh in flesh.)
That's a lot of flesh. I think we will have to wait until God counts it up for us. He knows the number of our hairs, so this will be a piece of cake for Him.

Did you think you just stayed some weightless Ghost playing a harp on a cloud? We can see if they can get you a pair of wings.

No that won't do.

Heaven is a planet, you will need a body.

I will tell you what, I will make sure your body does not get lost in all the shuffle. I mean, there are going to be a lot of people, and things happening at this time.

I don't want you to feel left out.

Everyone will have flesh..................... I ask myself why I bother.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

I am not mocking you. I really do care, and your extremely funny.

God Bless, and have a awesome day!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

I can't agree with you even more Brother. How much flesh is in heaven?

Great stuff.

I can't wait for the scriptures you have..... To prove whatever your trying to formulate.

Lets see. Known Christians on earth at about 3 billion. Flesh per person about 2.5 pounds? (Not knowing what the new body will weigh in flesh.)
That's a lot of flesh. I think we will have to wait until God counts it up for us. He knows the number of our hairs, so this will be a piece of cake for Him.

Did you think you just stayed some weightless Ghost playing a harp on a cloud? We can see if they can get you a pair of wings.

No that won't do.

Heaven is a planet, you will need a body.

I will tell you what, I will make sure your body does not get lost in all the shuffle. I mean, there are going to be a lot of people, and things happening at this time.

I don't want you to feel left out.

Everyone will have flesh..................... I ask myself why I bother.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

I am not mocking you. I really do care, and your extremely funny.

God Bless, and have a awesome day!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.
Wow I thought the flesh is hostile towards God, I thought the flesh is corruptable and our new bodies are incorruptable. Seems here is one more thing we don't agree on. Let's recap we disagree about new covenant giving, about the laws of tithing, about faith, about flesh translation and interpretation methods of scripture, the testimony of scripture, heaven and the gospel of Christ. I think it is fair to say we just don't agree about much of anything here.

I think it might be better if I just chill. I will give you liberty to post without any reserve of my response. I see no benefit in debating with you.

Please don't be concerned about my "body", I'm sure that Jesus can handle it.

Last edited:
Wow... your funny..

we get a flesh bodies latter on brother............ (I did know what you really meant though...)Like Jesus, but not corrupted.........

I would love to talk about money, but this is rizen1 post about the Kingdom of God. I don't want to Hijack her post and bat scripture around with you.

Our bodies are suppose to be resurrected from the earth, as a dead seed and made into new......... I am no expert on that area though.

Your right, Better Let Jesus get your body. I could make a mistake, and no telling what you may end up with..........

Have fun!!! and God bless.....

Jesus Is Lord!!!!