• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Pandemic Survival

Active
According to the WHO corona virus dashboard: as of Apr 19, 2021 there were
approximately 140,886,773 confirmed cases and 3,012,251 deaths.

That translates to roughly a 97.86% survival rate. (close enough to be called 98%
in the latest version of new math.)

So even when people come down sick with the covid thingy, their chances of
getting over it are very good, i.e. excellent.

NOTE: The percentage given is relative to global cases. The percentage relative to
USA cases is likely to be higher seeing as how American sterilization, sanitation,
hygiene, and diet are, on average, quite a bit better than some areas of the world
that I could name.
_

Active

That translates to roughly a 97.86% survival rate. (close enough to be called 98%

NOTE: The percentage given is relative to global cases. The percentage relative to
USA cases is likely to be higher seeing as how American sterilization, sanitation,
hygiene, and diet are, on average, quite a bit better than some areas of the world
that I could name.
_

These facts and figures will mean absolutely nothing to all those who have already lost loved ones to it. But I went out today for the first time in over twelve months and felt safer knowing that the majority of people had been vaccinated.

Loyal
These facts and figures will mean absolutely nothing to all those who have already lost loved ones to it. But I went out today for the first time in over twelve months and felt safer knowing that the majority of people had been vaccinated.

Hi Pearl, we went out yesterday for the first time in a year, with the exception of vets and covid jab. We went to the garden centre, it was nice to just browse, it was very quiet but we did go early for that reason. We had to go to the vets again so made a round trip of it, I think it would have been rude not to. ;)

As you say a lot of people have lost loved ones, reading stats is the last thing they want to hear. When it is a loved one, it is real.

We have our second jab next week, time goes so fast as we get older don't you think.

Bless you and your hubby sister

Active

that I could name.
_
Brother, I suspect WHO uses numbers given them by gov't agencies like the U.S. CDC or U.S. DPH and Congress, in which case the deaths to CV19 are bloated to numbers no one can be certain of, e.g., man goes in for a routine sigmoidoscopy and dies from being over-medicated pre-procedure. Cause of death: CV19.

I am betting that the survuval rate is closer to 99.8%

Active
Hi Pearl, we went out yesterday for the first time in a year, with the exception of vets and covid jab. We went to the garden centre, it was nice to just browse, it was very quiet but we did go early for that reason. We had to go to the vets again so made a round trip of it, I think it would have been rude not to. ;)

As you say a lot of people have lost loved ones, reading stats is the last thing they want to hear. When it is a loved one, it is real.

We have our second jab next week, time goes so fast as we get older don't you think.

Bless you and your hubby sister
Hi Paul, It was lovely in town today, we had chips out of a bag, then a coffee and then an ice cream. We both enjoyed it so much, it was good to feel part of a community again. We have a council run garden centre not too far from us which we can get to on our mobility scooters. Ray's had one for a couple of years and even though I don't yet need one he bought one for me so we could go together into town etc.

Loyal
Hi Paul, It was lovely in town today, we had chips out of a bag, then a coffee and then an ice cream. We both enjoyed it so much, it was good to feel part of a community again. We have a council run garden centre not too far from us which we can get to on our mobility scooters. Ray's had one for a couple of years and even though I don't yet need one he bought one for me so we could go together into town etc.

I think we are so fortunate now a days, I have a power wheel chair, have had for almost 20 years. I have had four or five overcoat time, when I got a new one before the covid pandemic, I kept my old one, so I now have one in the car with an electric hoist, and one in a ketter at rear for use in the garden.

We spend a lot of time in the garden as we never go on holiday,

Active
I think we are so fortunate now a days, I have a power wheel chair, have had for almost 20 years. I have had four or five overcoat time, when I got a new one before the covid pandemic, I kept my old one, so I now have one in the car with an electric hoist, and one in a ketter at rear for use in the garden.

We spend a lot of time in the garden as we never go on holiday,
We spend a lot of time in the garden but don't do much other than keep it tidy these days. It faces south west so we get a lot of sun. We used to love going to the garden centres but not much point now apart from just looking if somebody takes us. I'd like to post a pic of my garden but I don't think you can on this site,

Active

/

that I could name.
_
Keeping in mind that the pandemic is political rather than medical....Isa 53:3-5; 1 Pete 2:24; Psalm 103; and many many MANY other promises...

Active
We have a council run garden centre not too far from us which we can get to on our mobility scooters.
Forget the pandemic - is it safe to go out again with oldies back on their mobility scooters??

Scooter-cartoon.jpg

Active
What? The way they drive?! Mustang Sally on steroids! LOL
I tell you, the number of young people who walk straight at you with their heads bent over their mobile phones is unbelievable, Even just going at walking pace the number of times you have to stop for people who haven't seen you. I'm glad to say that I haven't hit anybody yet but I've been sorely tempted. :rolleyes:

Active
I tell you, the number of young people who walk straight at you with their heads bent over their mobile phones is unbelievable, Even just going at walking pace the number of times you have to stop for people who haven't seen you. I'm glad to say that I haven't hit anybody yet but I've been sorely tempted. :rolleyes:
LOL Maybe you should mount a push bar on the front? Its amazing how unaware the young folks are nowadays.

There is no pandemic. Just a bunch of lies. 98% survival is not a pandemic. Go out, live your life, burn your mask, hug and shake hands.

Active
LOL Maybe you should mount a push bar on the front? Its amazing how unaware the young folks are nowadays.
I'm thinking of getting some loud air horns as the beeper I have on it can't be heard in a crowd. The air horns would make them jump though.

Active
I'm thinking of getting some loud air horns as the beeper I have on it can't be heard in a crowd. The air horns would make them jump though.
Oh I got it! Yeah Go to a parts house and get a 12volt air horn...Its as loud as a train horn. That might wake them up. Oh Pearl...Go for it!

Active
Oh I got it! Yeah Go to a parts house and get a 12volt air horn...Its as loud as a train horn. That might wake them up. Oh Pearl...Go for it!
Yep, ding-ding doesn't work so BOOOM-BOOOM might do it. But some of them are so involved with phones and their texting that I doubt they would even hear that.

Loyal
Forget the pandemic - is it safe to go out again with oldies back on their mobility scooters??

What? The way they drive?! Mustang Sally on steroids! LOL

Have you heard the saying, what goes round comes round?

Never mock because one day it could be you! One day you may be less mobile.

Are we not supposed to love one another as Christ loves us? Care for the widows, the elderly, the less fortunate.

I have had a power wheelchair for almost 20 years, not by choice. Yes there are some, shall I say bad drivers, but there are many younger ones on the roads, and many pedestrians on paths that are a greater liability.

Pearl is spot on when she mentions the people of all ages on their mobile phones, looking down and not having a clue who or what is in front of them. I have had several people almost drop onto my lap, with my hip and back issues and pain 24/7 it would be extremely painful. Some say sorry, some don't they haven't a clue.

So please, may we ask, next time you feel like taking the Mickey out of someone less fortunate than yourself, ask yourself, what would Jesus do, what would Jesus say?

Bless you.

I am not a moderator, I just take the thoughtless jokes as not necessary and heartless, but more importanty not what Jesus would do or say.

Peace be with you.

Active

Are we not supposed to love one another as Christ loves us? Care for the widows, the elderly, the less fortunate.

I have had a power wheelchair for almost 20 years, not by choice. Yes there are some, shall I say bad drivers, but there are many younger ones on the roads, and many pedestrians on paths that are a greater liability.

Pearl is spot on when she mentions the people of all ages on their mobile phones, looking down and not having a clue who or what is in front of them. I have had several people almost drop onto my lap, with my hip and back issues and pain 24/7 it would be extremely painful. Some say sorry, some don't they haven't a clue.

So please, may we ask, next time you feel like taking the Mickey out of someone less fortunate than yourself, ask yourself, what would Jesus do, what would Jesus say?

Bless you.

I am not a moderator, I just take the thoughtless jokes as not necessary and heartless, but more importanty not what Jesus would do or say.

Peace be with you.
Paul I'm using mobility devices myself....You have to find things to laugh about when you live like this. LBD which is still trying to kill me is an ugly thing. You need laughter. So Nobody at this end was mocking.

Loyal

Bless you.

Peace be with you.
I have been knocked down a couple of times by older drivers in electric scooters, just as there is a point when it is not safe to drive a vehicle, if your hands are not able to properly use the device to speed up or slow down, its time to send someone else to the grocery store.

Active
I have been knocked down a couple of times by older drivers in electric scooters, just as there is a point when it is not safe to drive a vehicle, if your hands are not able to properly use the device to speed up or slow down, its time to send someone else to the grocery store.
But these scooters are not just to get to the grocery store they are often the only way a person can get out and about to join in with the life in town, to feel part of the community, get some outdoor food on a lovely sunny day and to have a coffee or an ice cream on the square.