• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Overwhelming Sadness

Staff Member
So when I heard this thing, I tore my garment and my robe, and plucked out some of the hair of my head and beard, and sat down astonished. Ezra 9:3 NKJV

Ezra was a dedicated student of God’s Word. He’d learned what God wanted, loved, and said to avoid. When Ezra saw that the people were violating God’s revolutionary rules, he mirrored God’s broken heart. He tore his clothes to show his profound grief. He pulled out some of his hair, showing his frustration. He sat down astonished because this news had left him undone.

How do you react to sin? Does it leave you visibly shaken? Are you left speechless?

Ezra heard the truth, saw the sin, and made it known that sadness overwhelmed him. He caught a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to endure the outright defiance of people He had rescued over and over again.

Maybe you could start by grieving over your own sin first. What would it be like to get to the place where you were genuinely undone by the reality of your sin? Have you endured sin for so long that grief seems ridiculous? Ezra didn’t think so. God’s not immune from a broken heart either.

Prayer: Lord, my sin doesn’t amuse You. You don’t overlook it, and You don’t forgive me sin until I admit that You’re right and I am wrong. May I be undone by the sin that separates people from You.