• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Overcomers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
“But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work.” 2 Chronicles 15:7

St. Louis Cardinals ace and Hall of Famer Bob Gibson threw the only no-hitter of his storied career on August 14, 1971, and prevented an old nemesis, the Pittsburgh Pirates, from getting a single hit the entire game. The Pirates had hit him hard over the years, including one batted ball that broke his leg. But overcoming adversity was old hat for “Bullet” Bob.

Gibson overcame several childhood ailments—among them rickets, asthma, and a heart murmur—to become a top-level athlete. Known as a ferocious competitor, Gibson never took credit for his abilities saying, “It is not something I earned….It is a gift. It is something that was given.” God has given you talents, too, but they will be tested through trouble.

No one asks for trouble, but trouble comes anyway. When it does, as a Christian, don’t be afraid to embrace it—not because you’re glad for the problem but because God will be with you, strengthening your faith and endurance.

In fact, until you have overcome adversity, you can’t truly appreciate God’s gift of salvation. Tribulation reminds you of two important things: one, you need Jesus desperately; and two, His Spirit and power makes you an overcomer—more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37). Nothing should faze you because nothing can stand between you and God.

Loyal
Rev 2:7; [COLOR=red] 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.' [/COLOR]

Rev 2:11; [COLOR=red] 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.' [/COLOR]

Rev 2:17; [COLOR=red] 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.' [/COLOR]

Rev 2:26; [COLOR=red] 'He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, TO HIM I WILL GIVE AUTHORITY OVER THE NATIONS; [/COLOR]

Rev 3:5; [COLOR=red] 'He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. [/COLOR]

Rev 3:12; [COLOR=red] 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name. [/COLOR]

Rev 3:21; [COLOR=red] 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. [/COLOR]

Rev 21:7; "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Ethics & Morality 0
J Bible Discussions 4