• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Our Heavenly Treasure Chest.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Our Heavenly Treasure Chest.

The world in which our physical bodies are connected to uses money as a means of gaining things.The Kingdom of God in which our spirits are connected to uses a similar type of monetary system, but is eternal.

Luke 12:33 SELL THAT YE HAVE, AND GIVE ALMS; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Anything that occupies our thoughts continually would be called an “IDOL”. It would be much better to get rid of those things by selling them so we become free from their influence. Giving the proceeds from the sale of these things to those who are in desperate need is a spiritual law that causes a return that is much greater then loaning your money out for interest. If we give it shall be given back to us pressed down, and over flowing shall it be poured back into our laps.

Luke 6:38 Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag]. For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you. (AMP)

The Lord is not apposed to his Church possessing things, he just wants to make sure our hearts, and minds are only set on the things above, because that is where our true treasures is.

“…......For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”(Luke 12:34) or in other words “YOUR HEART IS WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS LOCATED!!!

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; PROVIDE YOURSELVES BAGS WHICH WAX NOT OLD, A TREASURE IN THE HEAVENS THAT FAILETH NOT, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Notice: This scriptures is NOT telling us to go find yourself a BAG somewhere so that treasure can be deposited into it!! It says “PROVIDE YOURSELF AS THE BAG”!!!! We do have a Heavenly Bank account in which God himself makes deposits into it for us, but it is NOT located in some other place beyond the sky or in outer space somewhere, or in the sweet by and by some day. It is located inside of our hearts!! We are the PIGGY BANK that holds this precious treasure!!!
:smile: The Kingdom of God is within us. (Luke 17:21)

“ …..provide yourselves bags WHICH WAX NOT OLD, A TREASURE IN THE HEAVENS THAT FAILETH NOT”

The recreated human spirit that was born again by the incorruptible seed of the Word of God will never WAX OLD, or EVER DIE, and this is where our treasure is deposited!!

“…..A TREASURE IN THE HEAVENS THAT FAILETH NOT”

The word, “FAILETH NOT” means, “IT IS NEVER EXPENDED, OR NEVER GOES DOWN IN VALUE, SOMETHING THAT IS INEXHAUSTIBLE”

How would you like to have a Bank account that is inexhaustible, and never goes down in value?
We do!!!!

“….....a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, WHERE NO THIEF APPROACHETH, NEITHER MOTH CORRUPTETH.”

Thank God the US Government is not guaranteeing it's value. The “FDIC” could not possibly guarantee something that is priceless. and eternal. No thief (Satan) can steal it once it is deposited within you. Jesus once said that “the gates of Hell shall not be able to prevail against such Wisdom (revelation) given by God to a person that never comes by our flesh, and blood senses!! God himself made a deposit into Peters heart after Jesus asked the question, “WHO DO MEN SAY THE SON OF MAN IS?” Peter answered correctly that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God, and Jesus said to Peter you are blessed Peter because flesh, and blood has not revealed this to you but my Father which is in Heaven.(Matt 16: 13-19)

If you are a son of God you also have this same revelation (treasure) deposited in your heart by God the Father, and no one could ever convince you otherwise because it is stored safely in you!!

Here is another scripture that is very interesting....

Mat 13:51 "Have you understood all these things?" They said to him, "Yes."
Mat 13:52 And he (Jesus) said to them, "THEREFORE EVERY SCRIBE WHO HAS BEEN TRAINED FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS LIKE A MASTER OF A HOUSE, WHO BRINGS OUT OF HIS TREASURE WHAT IS NEW AND WHAT IS OLD."

We are all being trained for the Kingdom of Heaven, and we all have certain treasure that have been deposited by God the Father. When I post on my Face Book page, I am brining forth treasure out from my treasure chest that is inside me, and sharing them with you. I want you to handle my most precious treasure that is eternal!! It makes me very very happy. Within this treasure chest there are old things, and new things. I have new things that the Lord God has deposited recently with in me, and I have old things that I were deposited within me many many years ago.

It makes no difference when they were deposited because their value “FAILTHETH NOT”. The joy it brings, and has brought me never drops in value. It is an eternal joy unspeakable, and full of Glory all the time, forever!! No wonder why I am so happy all the time.
:smile:

When the Lord God makes a deposit into your account, it is not just for you to horde for yourself. He expects you to open up your treasure chest and bring forth things new, and old to share with others.

It is not "Whats in your wallet, but whats in your treasure chest"!!

Dear Lord can I have more? :smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NetChaplain Sermons & Podcasts 0
NetChaplain Sermons & Podcasts 0
Curtis Devotionals 2