• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Oregon student newspaper runs pictures of Jesus...

Administrator
Staff Member
Oregon student newspaper runs pictures of Jesus as a homosexual. It is time to speak out!

The Associated Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) has refused to apologize for an obscene anti-Christian assault in the campus newspaper Insurgent.

The March edition of the Insurgent ran one of the strongest attacks on Christianity I have seen. The paper ran graphics depicting Jesus as a homosexual. One was a depiction of a naked Jesus on the cross with an erection; the other, titled Resurrection, showed a naked Jesus kissing another naked man, both sporting erections.

When asked for an apology by Students of Faith, ASUO refused to give one saying that "there are no grounds for demanding an apology from Insurgent." The ASUO went on to defend the publication saying that the newspaper contributes "to the cultural and physical development of the university community."

The Insurgent would never show a naked graphic of the Rev. Martin Luther King kissing another man, both sporting erections. But offending Christians was of no concern to the Insurgent or to University President Dave Frohmayer.

The ASUO Women's Center tolerates no defamation against gays and lesbians. Three years ago, ASUO demanded that the university radio station, KUGN, drop Michael Savage (a conservative talk show host). The university promptly discontinued the program. But depicting Jesus as a homosexual is perfectly OK.

Here is what Insurgent Student Editor Jessica Brown had to say about the graphics. "I have to say it is really fun to offend people. It is fun to break the rules. If it pi--es people off…good that's the point!!! It has here in this office. So read, get pi--ed and talk about it."

Incidentally, the University forces all students, including Christians, to pay student dues of $191.00 per term, part of which goes to support the Insurgent.

Take Action!

Send an email letter to the Governor, University President and other Oregon officials protesting this anti-Christian bigotry.

Very important! Please forward this to your friends and family. It is important for them to become aware of the growing anti-Christian bias in our country. It is time for Christians to speak out saying that bigotry against Christians—or any faith—is unacceptable.

Share this information with others in your church and Sunday school.

[/SIZE]Click Here to Email Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski Now!

[/SIZE]If you think our efforts are worthy, would you please support us with a small gift? Thank you for caring enough to get involved.[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]Sincerely,[/SIZE]

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association
[/SIZE]
P.S. Please forward this e-mail message to your family and friends![/SIZE]

The Son will judge dear sunshine, the Son will judge.

I had a really strange dream last night. I was in front of Jesus at the judgment throne and He said to me, "what will you say to those that go to hell?" I said, "I will say, your punishment shall be worse than that of Satan."

Jesus said something and I woke up. I don't know what it means, but reading this brought that dream to full visualization in my minds eye. I normally forget dreams, but I remembered this.

Yes, this is offensive to anyone in Christ. Rhetorically: Why is it offensive? Because it sends the message that homosexuality is acceptable in God's eyes. We, as Christians, know this is a lie. We know homosexuality has been called an abomination in Scripture. It is a sin and Christians are, or should be, AGAINST ALL SIN.

This specific sin, however, evokes righteous (in most cases not-so-righteous) indignation among Christians unlike any other sin. Even more so than murder. As far as I know, this is due to the fact that no one is attempting to convince society as a whole that murder is simply a matter of nature as some are attempting to do in the case of homosexuality.

The question of whether the motive behind these drawings is an attempt to ignite "discussion" that leads the reader toward absolute truth, whatever these people believe that truth may be; or an intentional effort designed to spread the lie that homosexuality is a natural state and, therefore, acceptable in the eyes of God is mostly irrelevant. What angers Christians is the fact that many will ultimately and willingly believe this lie and be led to their own destruction.

So, what do we Christians do about it? How do we counteract the harmful actions of others in the name of Truth? How do we gain the upper hand over those who would lead people astray without undermining our own faith that God is in control where He has been given control? How do we fight back without denying the fact that each person has their own free will to choose Christ or choose to remain in, pursue and facilitate sin?

By merely considering “what can I do?”, am I not taking the fight upon myself? It’s either in God’s hands, or it is not. How do I reconcile my faith with my anger and desire to “do something”?

The question I should pose is, “What is God’s plan for us concerning these issues? What would He have me do?”. The fight then becomes God’s fight and I His warrior.

I, in no way, shape or form, condone this type of behavior. I fully abhor it, to be frank. Neither do I suggest Christians do nothing in response to such an attack. I do, however, suggest that a massive email campaign is not the answer. These people, in collusion with Satan himself, don’t give a flying flip what effect they’ve had on Christians or Christianity. Why appeal or demand justice, righteousness, mercy and truth from Satan? No. The weapon we have within each of us is God. How can they stand against Him? I suggest Christians place their faith again in God. Join together in Christ and pray for justice, righteousness, mercy and truth against these sins and for the sake of those who would be influenced by them. Share the Word. Teach the Truth.

Rather than a massive protest email campaign aimed at the sinners perpetrating this atrocity, I pray for a massive Truth writing campaign that includes the faculty and students. With God, it is possible.

Read and remember Chad’s quote of the day, which he also posted in the chatbox: “Since God offers to manage our affairs for us, let us once and for all hand them over to His infinite wisdom, in order to occupy ourselves only with Himself and what belongs to Him.” —J. P. de Caussade

In Christ,
Amen!:love:

edited from "against these sinners" to "against these sins" because the verse Chad quoted below is absolute Truth.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Amen Amen! :)

With GOD all things are possible so let us pray for our enemies

Matthew 5:44
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

John 15;18-25
18*“When the world hates you, remember it hated me before it hated you. 19*The world would love you if you belonged to it, but you don’t. I chose you to come out of the world, and so it hates you. 20*Do you remember what I told you? ‘A servant is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you! 21*The people of the world will hate you because you belong to me, for they don’t know God who sent me. 22*They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23*Anyone who hates me hates my Father, too. 24*If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be counted guilty. But as it is, they saw all that I did and yet hated both of us—me and my Father. 25*This has fulfilled what the Scriptures said: ‘They hated me without cause.’

Fashioning of idols, mocking the Lord, calling evil righteous, failing to show love both for humanity (it disrespects us Christians) and God. Dear me, to sin five times at once?! Ugh, just... it sickens me. The very idea that Christ Jesus could have engaged in lust is most insulting.

We should pray for them, that they may repent of their sins and follow God in the path of righteousness.